No announcement yet.

When does progression slow down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does progression slow down?

As with all new things, you can see progress pretty quickly when you first begin. Just wondering, typically when do you hit a "plateau" in boxing and improvements start to become very slow? After a year or so of training?2?3? Kind of like lifting weights, you get stronger quickly and kind of pause at a certain weight.

slows when u loose passion... remember "in the heat of attack it's the passion that kills!"

Comment

it depends on your trainer and how far he pushes you

it's different for everyone, im sure, but i found that after i got a better trainer, i was constantly improving. the plateau's lasted about a week or 2 (rarely a month) and i was constantly learning new things, and improving existing things

if you find yourself on a perpetual plateau, i recommend finding a different trainer, speaking directly from personal experience; good luck to ya.

Comment

I've fallen in and out of love with boxing many times. if your drive is gone take a break from it and come back missing it.

Comment

Originally posted by fight game View Post
          I've fallen in and out of love with boxing many times. if your drive is gone take a break from it and come back missing it.
          Good point fight game!

Comment

When you slow down.

Mastering something can be reached... but it is so far beyond what humans think and are willing to go through that we place it completely out of reach..

Being perfect is only able to be compared to what you are given.

Example: for 6'1 240 and 80 inch reach "This guy" was a perfect...

but in actually he was probably not the perfect one.

once you scratch the surface you start being called good without boundaries.. similar to the pound for pound rankings.. but thats just scratching the idea of being perfect.

I could go into detail but you guys probably wouldn't care.. because who wants to be perfect at something?
            Last edited by DA1CATAS; 03-11-2009, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by g00dz View Post
              it depends on your trainer and how far he pushes you

it's different for everyone, im sure, but i found that after i got a better trainer, i was constantly improving. the plateau's lasted about a week or 2 (rarely a month) and i was constantly learning new things, and improving existing things

if you find yourself on a perpetual plateau, i recommend finding a different trainer, speaking directly from personal experience; good luck to ya.
              good advice man! i'll take that!

Comment

Thanks for the advice, no haven't hit a plateau yet. My trainer pushes me every time I'm in the gym and I'm fairly new so there is lots to learn. I was just curious if boxing has a sort of "learning curve" to it. An once you pass it, it will be harder or take longer to improve.

Comment

many times, u will feel like u made no progress right before an epiphany. then many things come together in your mind and u are back in the game so to speak.

and, i never find training boring. i figure i am not doing it right if it is boring.

Comment

It can also mean that you're body's bored with the training. Switch it up; do different exercises to keep your body sharp. I have the same problem sometimes. I feel like i'm not gaining (even though i am) but it's only because i've done the same thing over and over. You can also try pushing yourself harder. Push youself to the ultimate limit.

If you run 3 miles, shorten it to a hard 1.5 miles. Or do sprints. Lift lighter weights with more reps. Change it up, keep things interesting.

That's what i've learned over the years of training.

Comment

Working...
                    X