• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good post helpful

Comment

Originally posted by alexbr View Post
      That's a really good post.

I do have the same question as some friends above: is it better to shadowbox with gloves on? with weights? free hands?

Thanks in advance!
      shadowbox free-hand (no weights, no gloves) the majority of the time but the closer the fight gets spend more time shadowboxing with the same size gloves you fight with, (i.e 50/50) but also experiment with weights and what not to give your body different stimulus to adapt to thus forcing yourself to reach new levels. remember its all about discovery and whether you think you can or you cant your right

Comment

never thought of shadow boxing being that helpful, awesome advice, thanks dude

Comment

Originally posted by BamBamLeutyooo View Post
          never thought of shadow boxing being that helpful, awesome advice, thanks dude
          Excellent thread and information!

Comment

thanks alot for the advice bro.. when i shadow box i try to stay with form and try the throw as many combs as i can and try to get a cardio workout from it is this bad? like forcing myself to throw more than i am usually able to.

Comment

After doing the shadow boxing for 20 2min rounds for a few days i sparred. Sparring was awesome i was a beast haha. Seemed to help loads. So right about being relaxed.

Comment

Originally posted by BamBamLeutyooo View Post
                After doing the shadow boxing for 20 2min rounds for a few days i sparred. Sparring was awesome i was a beast haha. Seemed to help loads. So right about being relaxed.
                excellent!

Comment

Hehe...,ima start shadowboxing a hella of a lot more then...the thing is that i like feeling my gloves making contact with the bags...but if it makes me better...i'll do it...

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw2884 View Post
                    thanks alot for the advice bro.. when i shadow box i try to stay with form and try the throw as many combs as i can and try to get a cardio workout from it is this bad? like forcing myself to throw more than i am usually able to.
                    Anything you feel like doing when you shadowbox is good, as long as you are experimenting you will find your way, and you will know it is right because it feels right to you.

Comment

word up i have noticed a big difference i use the bag primarily for drills and power punching.. i work on technique and footwork with shadowboxing it helps

Comment

Working...
                      X