No announcement yet.

My biceps are too big, it affects my boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My biceps are too big, it affects my boxing

I can barely touch my shoulders and when I throw a left hook my biceps literally hit me in the face.
    Are there any ways I could reduce the size of my arms?
    Cannon balls doesn't quite describe them, watermelons would be far more accurate.

stop lifting weights ... and do cardio punching drills on the heavy bag....

example: stand toward the bag squared up... and punch left,right,left,rightlet right... until your arms are burning... keep doing this... anything involving cardio based exercise will help reduce the size of muscle, and help to tone instead of build.

although ill be honest... itll be hard to just reduce the size of biceps easily

Comment

what?? no offence dude but wtf are you talking about!!?? im pretty good size and ive seen really big boys have no problem what so ever throwing punches. mabey you should work on relaxing and proper tec, and being stiff or uncoordinated has nothing to do with the size of you muscles its about ability

Comment

Originally posted by dchampishere View Post
        what?? no offence dude but wtf are you talking about!!?? im pretty good size and ive seen really big boys have no problem what so ever throwing punches. mabey you should work on relaxing and proper tec, and being stiff or uncoordinated has nothing to do with the size of you muscles its about ability
        actually having bulky muscle does effect how you throw punches

Comment

dude i respectfully disagree, if you are some uncoordinated dude who thinks lifting and doing roids will make someone a fighter then yes you are right but if you are coodinated and athletic its no problem i.e norton-holy-ducan dokiwari and the list goes on. also ive heard the other way too (if i had more muscle i would be a better boxer) and the truth of the matter is its all about natural ability no matter how you are built.

Comment

Originally posted by dchampishere View Post
            dude i respectfully disagree, if you are some uncoordinated dude who thinks lifting and doing roids will make someone a fighter then yes you are right but if you are coodinated and athletic its no problem i.e norton-holy-ducan dokiwari and the list goes on. also ive heard the other way too (if i had more muscle i would be a better boxer) and the truth of the matter is its all about natural ability no matter how you are built.

you preaching the obvious here... of course its about ability...

take the SAME exact guy.. one w big biceps and one w leaner arms... the guy with leaner arms is going to be able to have better tecnique...

the more muscle on your arms, the more yours arms will weigh, and the slower the handspeed you will have...

not everyoneis evander holyfield.

Comment

The trouble is I have bigger arms than Lennox lewis, I also think I would have more ability than him had my watermelon biceps not been so humongous.
              I dont wanna lose them though, it really attracts the chicks.

Comment

but im am not preachin im proving my point and the point is that the size of ones bicep is not going to hinder one progress in the fistic arts. and i on the other hand the stronger i get the faster i get so that totally disproves the theory that size hinders speed. and that is me on my av so im not some kid eating candy playing with a lap top. i know what im talking about

Comment

sorry, i misseed the part where you proved your point.

Comment

watermelon size biceps?? pic please....

Comment

Working...
                    X