Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skins and tracksters- do they prevent injuries?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use skins. I only have em for legs.. ****ing love em. If you haven't tried em you definately should. Thinking about buying one for the upper body too.

Comment

I use compression shorts and I know there has been studies that skin tight clothing somewhat helps with injuries. Im no expert on this though...but I would definitely wear skins or compression clothing

keeps the joints and ligaments nice and warm.

Comment

Also.. would skins be good for running during the winter time or when its cold??? Im sure that it keeps your legs warm and all...anyone chime in on this?

Comment

They keep you warm in winter as they don;t let air through so easily. I wear them under sauna suit and before after I stopped running I would feel cold air hit the sweat. This happened after football games too when i just wore shorts. Nowadays I stay warm all the way to dressing rooms. I have felt a huge reduction in soreness and my hamstring (they took a chunk out of it as a graft for new ligament) doesn't get tight or pull during football games or boxing. Roadwork has gone smoothly too, but that wasn't too bad in first place as I was going straight and therte was no twisting and turning. I was so impressed I just got the recovery Skins a few days ago. They are excellent and better than the uncomfortable ice bath! Skins are the way forward. Some Aussie world title contender says he had no jetlag flying to Miami in the travel&recovery Skins! Half the Inter Milan team didn't wear them for no reason. Most top flight clubs have injured players use them in training and I bet you'll have more players in Prem like Pasquale Chimbonda wearing them in games. I wish nando stopped pulling his hamstring and wore at least the half Skins! I am buying half skins and the powersocks for my next fight for shizzle. I can't live without Skins, and they are tailored to fit my bodytype index too!

Comment

I wear the NIKE Torres one's underneath my Maharishi tees when I go to clubs and they keep you cool too. Even when a white woman is grinding all over my gigantic Moroccan Berber schlong which is proven bigger than little Negroes in stats. That is why Obama is upset and will still not stop the wars straight away until they get proper beats. Them mother****ers are dying like flies! Lol.

On a serious note I swear by these. Since turning pro I have obviously been training alot more on a cosistent basis and these really are the ****. I would never train without them. They keep hamstring injuries under wraps and looking after the muscles also takes pressure off the joints. I also use them when i play football and have not had any problems when I play in the hole behind striker or even when I play in the holding role in front of back four. That obviously requires alot of running that fat blob yanks never do, and tackling too which makes you injury prone. I have not had any problems since wearing these and will continue to do the Inter Milan style of wearing them under shorts and footy socks. Also, the legendary Sammi Hyppia has been wearing the short ones for years and look how sick he is in his mid 30's!!!

Comment

Just thought i WOULD BUMP this thread because it has been a year since I started wearing them and I haven't even had cramp since then, never mind injuries! They work better than uncomfortable ice baths

Comment

Working...
              X