Collapse
No announcement yet.

what size gloves do yall wear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 oz for bag/padwork and 16 oz for sparring, although sometimes i use 10 oz for sparring to get real sharp before a fight, or if my trainer lets me....it doesnt matter too much because my sparring partner has like 20 kg on me and a pretty solid chin so nothing i throw can really hurt him....but mostly 16 oz for sparring

Comment

12oz for bag/training 16oz for sparring 14oz- is bad for sparring you could hurt/damage them which u dnt try 2 do in sparring

Comment

16 oz for everything. I can't imagine doing lighter, doing any sort of body work hurts my hands bad enough if the bag has had time to settle -_-

Comment

16oz for sparring is standard at my gym, but I sparred with a guy a week ago who was wearing 12oz kickboxing gloves (Windy) and he also weighed 40lbs heavier than me and I didn't feel any difference.

Now why was a guy allowed to wear 12oz gloves when he's sparring against a guy 40lbs lighter who is wearing 16oz ones? I don't know. lol

Comment

I have to train with 14 oz, everytime I switched to 12 my knuckels would hurt like crazy after time, never with 14 ozs. And for sparring my gym I think only allows most fighters to spar with 16oz.

Comment

16oz for everything, occasionally I'll use 10oz just to get used to the lighter gloves again. Shadowbox with or without 2lb hand weights.

Comment

Working...
              X