No announcement yet.

what size gloves do yall wear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luke.l.08 View Post
    10oz Or 12oz ....... I Prefer Using 12oz Though Because We Fight In 10oz And If You Can Get Power In 12oz You Can Definatley Get More In 10oz
    Lmao Man What In The Hell Are You Doing? The 8 Year Old Use 14's At The Gym I Go To. If Your Grown You Supposed To Use 16s And Up

Comment

Originally posted by seattleprodigy View Post
      i Do 16oz For Sparring, Trainning, And Heavy Bag Work I Also Jog With 16oz Gloves On. It Makes My Hands Feel Lighter And Faster.
      You Jog With The Actuall Boxing Gloves On?

Comment

Originally posted by derekqa View Post
        16s for both
        yeah good.

Comment

16oz all day. Anything less and I think they won't allow me to train in the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by derekqa View Post
            16s for both
            Originally posted by mspiegelo View Post
            18 oz for training and sparring in-house (guys from my gym), 16 oz for training sometimes and sparring out-house (guys from other gyms, or sometimes guys from my gym who are heavier, or have more experience/skill), 12 ozs on mitts/bags to get used to amateur glove weights on occassion....
            perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated View Post
              16oz all day. Anything less and I think they won't allow me to train in the gym.
              yeah i went to a real boxing gym with 14's on and they laughed at me and told me i better not come back with that bull**** on im a grown man lmao! and i looked down it was a 8 year old with the same gloves i had on. i felt like a idiot.

Comment

Bag gloves are 14oz. Wish rival made some 16's, but the 14's are the heaviest bag gloves they make, still great gloves tho.
                Training/sparring gloves are 16, the ones i have. But sometimes they make me use 18 oz gloves when i spar the lighter guys.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ QUIK View Post
                  Lmao Man What In The Hell Are You Doing? The 8 Year Old Use 14's At The Gym I Go To. If Your Grown You Supposed To Use 16s And Up
                  im 15 5foot4 and weight like 50kg, i have to fight in 10oz but i might try heavier

Comment

16's for both, i kinda feel its a bit of a dick move to use like 12oz gloves to spar someone from the same gym as you, sparring is a mutual thing of helping both get better, not to hurt the other person

Comment

Originally posted by Kayo View Post
                      16's for both, i kinda feel its a bit of a dick move to use like 12oz gloves to spar someone from the same gym as you, sparring is a mutual thing of helping both get better, not to hurt the other person
                      yea, that is absolutely ridiculous, and frankly, i have trouble believing that any knowledgeable and self-respecting trainer would let you spar in 12 ozs. the worst i heard was in some philly gyms they use 14 ozs but even that is ridiculous imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X