Collapse
No announcement yet.

oCTOBER 11TH FIGHT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep your head up Da1 there's no shame in getting knocked down, just in not getting back up.

Comment

in my opinion from the 2 rounds i wathced...

u basiclly fought with one style... brawling, going right to him trying to hurt him..
      and im not sayin thats a bad stratagy to fight with.. but against certain styles u should try to box more... let the opponent come to u, and throw! keep moving so he keeps coming to you.. and catch him coming in...

that looks to me like that was his stratagy and it worked...

in tight rounds like this its about whos plan is working for them better.. and i believe it was close..

good fight.. but u should have tried to box more
      Last edited by punchDrUnK MONK; 10-16-2008, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
        Hey to the ones who haven't seen it heres my fight...AND TALKING WITH UNIQUE MARVIN CAMPBELL THE FIRST EVER CRUISER WEIGHT CHAMPION WITH HIS WBC BELT!!!!!

let me know what ya thought about it... lol don't call me myorga.

are u open or novice?

Comment

i think he is novice

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegelo View Post
            are u open or novice?
            Still novice... the guy is openclass.. heard something about 10-13 fights above me... i guess the pressure made him look bad.. plus i was too strong for him also.

Comment

You looked wild man...I think you should have calmed down a bit, just cause its 1 minute rounds doesnt mean you should go ape and give away points, you have less time to make them up if you get behind. You should try to box more like the others said. Another thing is your hooks look kinda funky, too much arm. I only watched the one round.

BTW you should fight more white boys so we can distinguish who you are easier :P

Comment

I want you to ignore everything shawn just said and sort that stuff out with your trainer

Comment

Still novice... the guy is openclass.. heard something about 10-13 fights above me... i guess the pressure made him look bad.. plus i was too strong for him also.
                  Some pretty dumb comments being made about ya fight. Was 3x 1 min rounds with a guy alot more experienced and people say ya should have calmed down and boxed more. Bull**** you did the right thing, put on the pressure and threw some big hooks which occasionally connected, a few more and you mightve been able to put a count on him.

If it was the same again with same opponent I would recommend going in harder and meaner and throwing more swinging shots and hooks not stepping back and try to ´outbox´ him which woulda probably been worse coz the guy is more experienced,

Also dumb how people think they know who shoulda won or lost the fight, fact is cant tell from the vid because it is bad quality for much of it. You did good, and it was close. Three 1 minute round should be balls to the wall all out so I say go harder not trying all the fancy smancy bull**** some peoples recomending. Save the more technical stuff for normal length fights.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackSwifty View Post
                    Some pretty dumb comments being made about ya fight. Was 3x 1 min rounds with a guy alot more experienced and people say ya should have calmed down and boxed more. Bull**** you did the right thing, put on the pressure and threw some big hooks which occasionally connected, a few more and you mightve been able to put a count on him.

If it was the same again with same opponent I would recommend going in harder and meaner and throwing more swinging shots and hooks not stepping back and try to ´outbox´ him which woulda probably been worse coz the guy is more experienced,

Also dumb how people think they know who shoulda won or lost the fight, fact is cant tell from the vid because it is bad quality for much of it. You did good, and it was close. Three 1 minute round should be balls to the wall all out so I say go harder not trying all the fancy smancy bull**** some peoples recomending. Save the more technical stuff for normal length fights.

Well they didn't know he was open class... I didn't either until just now..Then I didnt wanna say because I didn't wanna look like I was saying I lost because of that when I feel I won like everyone else that saw it live has been tellin me...

But yea your basically right about everything else ...or should I say saying what everyone has told me in person... But the thing is that I Can Box and I am fast.. I just lose my cool too quickly..

Comment

Well they didn't know he was open class... I didn't either until just now..Then I didnt wanna say because I didn't wanna look like I was saying I lost because of that when I feel I won like everyone else that saw it live has been tellin me...

But yea your basically right about everything else ...or should I say saying what everyone has told me in person... But the thing is that I Can Box and I am fast.. I just lose my cool too quickly..
                      And that's what you should dedicate yourself too. I am confident that you can do it. I know you can do it.

All the tools you have been sharpening, like your speed and power, are moot points if you don't have the presence of mind to use them in the ring.

At this point, your style basically is what it is. You know what you can do, and what you can't do.

Its possible that you are the kind of fighter than will never keep your cool, in which case you would be well advised to develop a style that turns this to your advantage.

I also want to know if you went into this fight without sparring like you were talking about. If you did, that could explain a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X