No announcement yet.

Suggestions/advice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions/advice?

Im 21 years old, unhealthy and i wanted to do something about it.
    I stopped smoking about 3 weeks ago and i found it pretty grueling,
    i started running about a week ago once every 2 days, and i have been interested in boxing for a long time and i have decided i want to give it a shot.
    So i am wondering if you guys have any workouts, suggestions, diet plans, advice etc etc.. so i can up my fitness and bulk up a bit, before i join the local boxing gym.
    ???

i

start doing push-ups, sit-ups. If you have access to a gym or weights start doing a light work out with high reps to build up those muscles before going after heavy weight. The reasoning for this is that if you start lifting heavy weight to fast you'll injure yourself. Find a place that has a speed bag and a heavy bag. Do 30-60 second intervals until you can go longer. Also if you can find someone to help you out get a pair of 16 ounce gloves and some hitting mits. Start off slowly with learning how to properly throw a jab, straight right hooks etc. Get a routine going with the mits and practice. Continue doing the road work and you'll be on your way to the wonderfull world of fitness.

Comment

When you goto the boxing gym, just let the coachs do all the work and the fitness will come. IN your spare time, no reason why you can't go for a run, do some skipping, shadow boxing, bag work etc. (or general weights).

Comment

Working...
      X