Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got an exhibition Oct 4, I hate exhibitions!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gato,
    Be careful with setting your sights on knocking the guy out, especially considering the fact that you're gonna take a lengthy time out from boxing immediately after this fight. What could happen (although its unlikely) is that this guy is not as bad as you make him out to be and he might even be the one humbling you. If thats the case, I would think that you'd feel pretty ****ty. And, considering you're taking such a long time off, you might be rather skeptical to come back after being humbled in the ring.

Just be careful man is all I'm trying to say. Good luck with the exhibition nonetheless though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gato2012 View Post
      Im not sure what your saying, but there are no pro fights in the show. Ive done about 10 exhibitions in my career so far but ive always done them at amateur shows i dont know what you mean by the pro thing.
      well those exibitions fights were u say that there are no winner.... we have those at our city b4 the pro fights start, were they just beat the **** out of each other and no1 wins, those exibitions macths over here they were just normal equipment like if it was sparring not with the compitiion gloves, thats what am meaning if u participate in those i was refering to those fights

Comment

Originally posted by bluehefner View Post
        well those exibitions fights were u say that there are no winner.... we have those at our city b4 the pro fights start, were they just beat the **** out of each other and no1 wins, those exibitions macths over here they were just normal equipment like if it was sparring not with the compitiion gloves, thats what am meaning if u participate in those i was refering to those fights
        Yea thats what ive done but ive never done it before pros or anything just at small amateur shows. Its like sparring kids from other gyms.

Comment

Well the exhibition didnt happen. The kid i was suppose to go against wasnt there. Everyone from my gym fought except me. I hate that! I want to fight so bad right now. Ive now been screwed 2 times in a row trying to get fights in a month. I havent fought in like 4 months this **** is awful.

Comment

Well the exhibition didnt happen. The kid i was suppose to go against wasnt there. Everyone from my gym fought except me. I hate that! I want to fight so bad right now. Ive now been screwed 2 times in a row trying to get fights in a month. I havent fought in like 4 months this **** is awful.
            your karma points are at rock bottom right now, i'd recommend hanging them up for a while, because with the way your luck is right now, you'd be disqualified for being overly aggressive.
            Last edited by peewee1460; 10-06-2008, 10:16 PM.

Comment

If you don't like them, then don't do it. Why be a bully and knock a guy out in sparring, that's bull****! No decision stuff is bull**** too but you don't have to do it. it's just an opportunity for novices to spar with someone with a different style in front of a crowd.
              Last edited by Alexis Vastine; 10-05-2008, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis Vastine View Post
                If you don't like them, then don't do it. Why be a bully and knock a guy out in sparring, that's bull****! No decision stuff is bull**** too but you don't have to do it. it's just an opportunity for novices to spar with someone with a different style in front of a crowd.
                Any chance to get in the ring, i'll take. I love fighting and i love the feeling it gives me. If im at a show watching people fight and im NOT fighting, it drives me crazy. I'll take anything i an get whether it be a real fight or an exhibition.

Ive decided NOT to take time off from boxing. School, work, and boxing at once is killing me but im still going to box. I cant just stop going, i havent fought in like 4 months and if i take time off than next time i fight i will have been god knows how long.

the hunger to fight is at an all time high right now its all im thinking about. Im being told maybe not even for another 2 months though which fukin blows.

Comment

You could try to maybe go to a different gym and get in some sparring or ask your coach about something like that. I know it's not the same as fighting in front of a crowd but it's still experience. besides, at least you can fight if you can ever get an opponent. me, i'm stuck on the injured list.

Comment

Originally posted by Gato2012 View Post
                    Any chance to get in the ring, i'll take. I love fighting and i love the feeling it gives me. If im at a show watching people fight and im NOT fighting, it drives me crazy. I'll take anything i an get whether it be a real fight or an exhibition.

Ive decided NOT to take time off from boxing. School, work, and boxing at once is killing me but im still going to box. I cant just stop going, i havent fought in like 4 months and if i take time off than next time i fight i will have been god knows how long.

the hunger to fight is at an all time high right now its all im thinking about. Im being told maybe not even for another 2 months though which fukin blows.
                    Spar at other gyms with people at your level. Go to a pro gym.

Comment

Working...
                    X