Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is a way to INCREASE SPEED and you will see it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/

then again carring weights around may make arms used to carying weights around and when you let go you feel as if your amrs are lighter and quicker, but they could be the egsactly the same as before, you just think it feels diffrent,

im going to try it anyway, when i get back from boxing tonight,

I dont know if im gonaa try carry weights while watching tv though, imagine walking in on sumone stood their watching deal or no deal with 2, dumbells haning from the end of either arm. lol.

Comment

I am also a lot faster than when I started boxing... People say you're born with amazing handspeed, but could you imagine a 10 yr old roy jones whos never boxed before just throw flurrys of punches? ofc not.

Comment

/

Originally posted by Oriachim View Post
        I am also a lot faster than when I started boxing... People say you're born with amazing handspeed, but could you imagine a 10 yr old roy jones whos never boxed before just throw flurrys of punches? ofc not.
        lol i dontt hink thats the meaning, ''like babys throwing ten punches a second'' it just mkeans some people no mater how hard their train have theior litmits, to a CERTAIN EXTENT this is true, however as dacatas has found out it can be inproved.

Comment

Did anybody try this method out yet? lmk

Comment

My Reflexes are slow, so I am interested in trying this.
            How often do you hold these weights or hang from a bar?
            How many times a week and at what times?

DMC

Comment

Originally posted by Oriachim View Post
              Actually he probably would because he was a freakishly natural athlete. I also think he started before 10. brendan ingle said 9in the paddy and the prince book) he saw naz fight on a playground before he joined his gym, and that he was slipping and ducking punches and swinging back with venom. He had no technique buit the natural gifts were there.

Back to the topic, I didn't quite understand the incline bit but the rest sound slike it is just conditioning. Of course conditioning will help sustain speed and imrpove your general athleticism. Speed can be developed but you will just be developing to the max what nature has already given you. Pads, sparring, and shadowboxing with weights are the best speed training methods IMO.
              Last edited by Alexis Vastine; 10-05-2008, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Waitin on that vid.

Comment

Originally posted by DMC View Post
                  My Reflexes are slow, so I am interested in trying this.
                  How often do you hold these weights or hang from a bar?
                  How many times a week and at what times?

DMC
                  This won't help reflexes this will most likely help yor handspeed. Reflexes are taught per say you just have to do alot of sparring and get a trainer to do pads with you so you know when to throw a punch and when to bob and weave and move that help reflexes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis Vastine View Post
                    Actually he probably would because he was a freakishly natural athlete. I also think he started before 10. brendan ingle said 9in the paddy and the prince book) he saw naz fight on a playground before he joined his gym, and that he was slipping and ducking punches and swinging back with venom. He had no technique buit the natural gifts were there.

Back to the topic, I didn't quite understand the incline bit but the rest sound slike it is just conditioning. Of course conditioning will help sustain speed and imrpove your general athleticism. Speed can be developed but you will just be developing to the max what nature has already given you. Pads, sparring, and shadowboxing with weights are the best speed training methods IMO.

yeah i remeber reading about Ingle discovering naseem, he was only young about 7 years old, and tiny even for his age and these older boys were swinging at him, he was backed up against a fence and he was just bobbing weaving, slipping.....so yeah nature plays a part

Comment

What you've been doing are isometrics. They are very good for speed, when your gains in punching speed slow down from doing this try making it more sport specific. Keep hanging from the bar, it making you more flexible reducing 'drag' from tight opposing muscles.

Stand so your hand is pressed up against it at the start (of say..your jab) and push as hard as you can into the wall (make sure theres a stud behind it!) for about 3-5 seconds (focus on reaching maximum pressure as fast as possible), then do it at the halfway point and at near full extension, follow up with some shadowboxing to take advantage of the 'neural adaptions' and teach your body to generate the force quickly like you were just doing in a more dynamic fashion. I've messed around with this for a while and noticed gains pretty quickly in power and speed. Im experimenting with 5 one second bursts to hopefully increase speed even more since the longer pushes did more for power than speed but it helped both.

Its a drill I got from infinite intensity, just so you know I dont just make this **** up :P

Comment

Working...
                      X