Clear All

Originally posted by FisherMan Henk View Post
    do they allow you in the golden gloves when ur 35
    I dont know, im 16

Comment

Originally posted by Cise View Post
      what a ****ing idiot,

sparring helps you so much to become a better fighter,

and you need 5 fights before you can enter the golden gloves so dont get a head of your self lol
      you can go into the novice part of the golden gloves if ur under 5 fights..if you've had more then your in the open section ..so why not go for it..its an experience why not go for it man

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2008 View Post
        the discrimination here is disgusting. how many of you have actually won anything as a boxer?

exactly.
        are you talking **** to people here? we've accomplished more in the ring then you have on the scale..you can't even begin to talk here on a boxing forum about how you can "kick and block effectively" when you look like you could barely roll out of ur bed

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2008 View Post
          I'm currently doing half an hour boxing training per week, and mainly eat big macs, whoppers etc to bulk up and gain mass. I don't spar with opponents because that doesn't help improve you as a fighter, rather I read textbooks on how to fight effectively etc.
          lol thats bull****.
          1. Big macs and whoppers are gonna make u slow as ****, as well as clog ur arteries with all that grease. Try chicken breast
          2. Sparring is probably the best form of training there is. It is where you try everything you have learned out against a real opponent. You can read books as much as you want, but trust me books dont hit back

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
            I'm 15 y.o, 124 lbs, 5'7, and have been training for almost a year. The problem is is that I've been training at more of an MMA gym than a boxing gym, but they also do boxing there and they also have a boxing instructor there but just came back recently like 3 months ago but had been around before I joined, jsut wasn't around my first half of the year. I'm wondering, since I've never competed or had any actual matches outside of sparring, if I'm ready for it? I wouldn't really say I'm in shape, I somewhat just started running. Do you guys have any training methods or anything like that that would help me do well in the GG? I don't know if I gave to little information, never really posted on this board to much to know, so if you need me to give more information for you to help me I'm willing to tell ya, just want some help so I can do well.

I was in your shoes about a year ago. Just go for it....run, run, and run some more and you should be ready for it. They do really good match ups in the Gloves so they typically wouldnt put you against a fighter that would outclass you. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by FisherMan Henk View Post
              do they allow you in the golden gloves when ur 35
              Yes it is called the Master's division

Comment

Well isn't there a part of the Golden Gloves that doesn't require you to have 5 fights? I've heard about it alot here and nobody ever says anything about that.
                That statement doesn't really make sense, but: You must be 17 years of age to enter a Senior boxing tournament, the gloves is one. You do not need any fights to enter. At least in New York.

Comment

It's not like my gym is terrible at training boxers, it's just it seems like the owner of the gym is underminding boxing and focusing on his MMA fighters so I'm trying to find ways to help myself train when I'm not there, and I only train with my other boxing instructor whos strictly boxing 2 times a week out of the 3-4 times I go.
                  you need a boxing specific gym if you wanna do well

theres a kick boxign oriented gym in my city and they send fighters to every show and they usually get beat quite easily

i fought a kid from there and beat him, and i didnt even fight that well (looked for big shots too much and exposed myself)

Comment

Working...
                  X