No announcement yet.

Golden Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Gloves

I'm 15 y.o, 124 lbs, 5'7, and have been training for almost a year. The problem is is that I've been training at more of an MMA gym than a boxing gym, but they also do boxing there and they also have a boxing instructor there but just came back recently like 3 months ago but had been around before I joined, jsut wasn't around my first half of the year. I'm wondering, since I've never competed or had any actual matches outside of sparring, if I'm ready for it? I wouldn't really say I'm in shape, I somewhat just started running. Do you guys have any training methods or anything like that that would help me do well in the GG? I don't know if I gave to little information, never really posted on this board to much to know, so if you need me to give more information for you to help me I'm willing to tell ya, just want some help so I can do well.

I'm currently doing half an hour boxing training per week, and mainly eat big macs, whoppers etc to bulk up and gain mass. I don't spar with opponents because that doesn't help improve you as a fighter, rather I read textbooks on how to fight effectively etc.

Comment

Dont mind the alt. If you're really serious about competing i would recommend looking around you for strictly boxing gyms and atleast talk to your trainer about it.

Comment

It's not like my gym is terrible at training boxers, it's just it seems like the owner of the gym is underminding boxing and focusing on his MMA fighters so I'm trying to find ways to help myself train when I'm not there, and I only train with my other boxing instructor whos strictly boxing 2 times a week out of the 3-4 times I go.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2008 View Post
          I'm currently doing half an hour boxing training per week, and mainly eat big macs, whoppers etc to bulk up and gain mass. I don't spar with opponents because that doesn't help improve you as a fighter, rather I read textbooks on how to fight effectively etc.
          what a ****ing idiot,

sparring helps you so much to become a better fighter,

and you need 5 fights before you can enter the golden gloves so dont get a head of your self lol

Comment

Well isn't there a part of the Golden Gloves that doesn't require you to have 5 fights? I've heard about it alot here and nobody ever says anything about that.

Comment

what the **** are you on about you fat slag

Comment

the discrimination here is disgusting. how many of you have actually won anything as a boxer?

exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
                  Well isn't there a part of the Golden Gloves that doesn't require you to have 5 fights? I've heard about it alot here and nobody ever says anything about that.
                  im not sure but the golden gloves i fought in you needed 5 fights before you could enter, it was the one in utah,

the discrimination here is disgusting. how many of you have actually won anything as a boxer?

exactly.
                  lmao just roll over and die u fat ****,

Comment

do they allow you in the golden gloves when ur 35

Comment

Working...
                    X