No announcement yet.

begginer boxer in need of help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• begginer boxer in need of help

im about to start getting in shape for boxing and i would like some advice.
    im 16 weigh 205 lbs am 5 foot 5 bench press 280 lbs and squat 400 lbs. i didnt do football this year so im out of shape and i want to get back in shape for the boxing ring. so i would like to know how much i should run in the morning time and how much to lift as not to lose speed and agility. any other pointers from experienced members would be greatly appreciated. thank you

wait wait wait....your 5 foot 5 and 205 pounds? Holy **** haha. Ok for loosing some pounds go running whether on the treadmill of just on the road dont matter, run about 3-4 miles at a pretty slow pace this should help you shed some pounds. Also start doing sprints this will get you in great shape for boxing for example 5 minutes warm up jog, then 12 30 second sprint 30 second rest intervals, then jog for 5 minutes then try doing 3-6 1 minute sprint intervals. peace

Comment

just run dude

3-4 miles at a slow jogging pace every morning

and of course dont eat ****

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
        just run dude

3-4 miles at a slow jogging pace every morning

and of course dont eat ****
        lol im good with the sprinting i just hate running. especially miles lol. but ill do it just for boxing

Comment

I m no expert, but, I ve changed my diet and also increased the amount of running I do. Those two things alone helped me go from 172 to my current weight of 154. I haven't done the sprints like some other guy mentioned here but I figure its worth a shot. The quick bursts im sure would be great for stamina.

Comment

follow this exact training method and you will acheive greatness

Comment

Norman... awesome i just found a apple tree outside im about to get started now lol.

Comment

lol so norman you want me to go out and kick a tree til i bleed.... okay fair enough. but seriously. i emailed a professional trainer/gym owner in my area and he says i need to drop around 50 lbs for my height. so just run run run. what kind of diet should i undertake. i already know not to eat carbs. so should i go all protein diet

Comment

Working...
                X