Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Pros pefrom against amateurs - Olympics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Pros pefrom against amateurs - Olympics?

If it was permitted for world champion professional boxers to compete in the Olympics how would they go?
    My guess is that they wouldnt win that many medals because of the difference between amateur and Pro boxing.

also is it just me but seeing pro tennis players and basketball players in the Olympics just doent seem right?

Originally posted by Trrmo View Post
    If it was permitted for world champion professional boxers to compete in the Olympics how would they go?
    My guess is that they wouldnt win that many medals because of the difference between amateur and Pro boxing.

also is it just me but seeing pro tennis players and basketball players in the Olympics just doent seem right?
    Trrmo, do you know the boxer in your avatar?

Comment

What are u crazy. They would kill the AMAteurs

Comment

Originally posted by JayWater39 View Post
        What are u crazy. They would kill the AMAteurs
        No they wouldn't.

Comment

put a journeyman in and it would possibly be fair, but in a seasoned pro whos got some KO power and then it gets unfair... don't forget, many "boys" compete in the olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
            What he said...... Most number 1 amatures are better than pros.

don't forget, if olympics came, then the no 1 PROs would enter the game... i.e. manny pacquino, joe calzaghe...

Comment

Its a four round fight remember, The amateur has very little chance of knocking out the pro but the straight down the middle, In and out amateur style could do well to score points.

It depends on the style of both fighters though.

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
                Trrmo, do you know the boxer in your avatar?
                That is Les Darcy, one of the best middleweights ever.

I think the pros wouldnt do that great because the top amateurs are superquick point scoring machines who fight only 4 intense rounds. Pros need to pace themselves more and train for endurance. Pros also can wear down their opponents over 10-12 rounds, hard to do in 4 four rounds.

Comment

The pro's aren't trained to fight the way you have to, to be effective in Olympic boxing. They wouldn't get the amount of KO's they're accustomed to because the fights are shorter, the gloves have more padding, and they wear helmets.

It's like claiming a distance runner would beat a sprinter. Not in a sprint, he wouldn't.

Comment

Working...
                  X