No announcement yet.

Foot Work?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMC View Post
    I am currently trying to get my skill better.
    I have been doing ok down at the gym in sparring but i am only doing well because i am using my conditioning to run people down.
    The trainer wants me to start using more skill, so we took my condition out and I am getting beat.
    I started late so age doesn't help I am 32, and my reflexes are ok but not fast.
    I need to get my feet moving quicker and better, I have strong legs but I always want to dig them into the ground and not move.
    Anyone got any tips or drills they use.

Thanks

DMC

If you like to stand in one place and not move then learn how to do that! As a matter of fact you should have already learned how to defend yourself in the stationary position. Although stationary boxing does not come highly recommended, there have been some boxers who have perfected it, James Toney comes to mind. At your age there are limits to what you can learn, and from the sound of it there are some limits to your natural talent. Figure out what it is you can do, then perfect it.

Comment

Practice basic footwork while shadowboxing. Even take a minute to just do foot movements without even a jab. Or just use feet and the jab. Practice makes perfect. There is no other way.

Comment

Working...
      X