Reasons for starting boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
    When and why did you all start boxing?

I had to permanently stop playing football a year ago, so I took up fitness training and conditioning to get into good shape. Then I took up boxing because I always admired it, and wanted to reach another level of self-discipline and pushing my limits. I start this past January, at the age of 17.
    Started because my mates were doing it. Started again, when I couldn't play my first love, basketball, anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
      Good story, trrmo. Shame about the booze and partying though...sounds like you could have gone pretty far if you stayed away from that ****. But, I guess now that you have experienced it, you know it doesn't do any good, and that probably makes you train even harder at this later age.

Great advice though. The drinking and smoking is crucial I think, as well as the overtraining (which I think for many is quite hard to avoid at times).
      Same here, i got injured on my foot from a KO to the head in Muy Thai while living in Australia... went on holidays and got hooked on alcohol and cigs. I stopped going to the gym all together and wasted years... gained 30 pounds, would drink as many days of the week as i would train before so it was all bad. It took me 8 years to realize i was killing myself so in 2006 i decided to stop the smoking and drinking all at once, cold turkey. i closed that book and am back at training 5 days a week, no more smokes and the alcohol i can control...

Comment

Originally posted by DutchDynamite View Post
        Same here, i got injured on my foot from a KO to the head in Muy Thai while living in Australia... went on holidays and got hooked on alcohol and cigs. I stopped going to the gym all together and wasted years... gained 30 pounds, would drink as many days of the week as i would train before so it was all bad. It took me 8 years to realize i was killing myself so in 2006 i decided to stop the smoking and drinking all at once, cold turkey. i closed that book and am back at training 5 days a week, no more smokes and the alcohol i can control...
        Hmm sorry about your foot but how did the guy who got KOd feel!? Sounds like you have a similiar story, I tried just cutting down booze but I found eventually I would have a bender night which would lead to smoking or other stuff so now I simply dont drink at all. Keep up the training, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Trrmo View Post
          Hmm sorry about your foot but how did the guy who got KOd feel!? Sounds like you have a similiar story, I tried just cutting down booze but I found eventually I would have a bender night which would lead to smoking or other stuff so now I simply dont drink at all. Keep up the training, cheers
          His face was pretty messed up haha...

I can now control the drinking to once every 2 weeks so no problem. I have a fear of getting fat again so i am watching my diet closely. You know we are no longer teenagers, gaining weight now is so easy.

Comment

Working...
          X