Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reasons for starting boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, i started doing traditional martial arts very young(5 years old) and i loved combat sports, was watching boxing on tv before i can remember. I did martial arts on and off until about 11-12, was always getting into fights at school, when i started high school it was the same, even worse to be honest i was always getting suspended and at a certain point they were keeping me 10 minutes longer than the other kids after school, just to make sure i wouldn't get into a fight.

At around 14 i thought i was a real bad ass, and since i always loved boxing i decided to go to a gym and see. I was in for a shock i really didn't know much about fighting after all.

Been boxing ever since.

Comment

I was bullied mercilessly by squirrels and needed to defend myself...

Nah I just wanted to get fit an stuff and I figure boxing would be fun.

Comment

I started as a kid at first, then after a grew up i looked for a gym to start all over again and i just did. I always liked it but it wasn't until now that I took it seriously...

Comment

i only ever did it for the training, strangely even though i was a footballer i LOVED the boxing training, the discipline of it and the effort it took, i never had any plans to make boxing a career even after my football career was cut short.

Comment

sounds like a young boxers cliche

but i started boxing to keep me occupied, to keep me off the streets and out of trouble.

As well as:
            my love for the sport, the self discipline it gives you and the sense of achievin somethin when u reach a certain goal; whether its something as little as makin a specific weight or perhaps something bigger like makin it into tournaments.

and that is what i think boxing is all about, not trashtalkin n aimin to seriously hurt ur opponent just for kicks theres a lot more to it.

Comment

Boxing was just a natural follow up from the Judo i did since i was 7, i always wanted to box but my parents didn't let me so when i reached 16 they allowed me.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchDynamite View Post
                Boxing was just a natural follow up from the Judo i did since i was 7, i always wanted to box but my parents didn't let me so when i reached 16 they allowed me.
                Dutchie, where you been? Haven't seen you on here in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
                  Dutchie, where you been? Haven't seen you on here in a while.
                  Hi there, yeah i have been busy with work and wasn't able to box for 6 weeks and didn't feel like checking the site as well. Now back full on training and commenting here.

cheers man

Comment

Originally posted by DutchDynamite View Post
                    Hi there, yeah i have been busy with work and wasn't able to box for 6 weeks and didn't feel like checking the site as well. Now back full on training and commenting here.

cheers man
                    Damn it must have been difficult staying away from something you enjoy doing for so long. It's also probably hard to get back into the training exercises after such a long layoff, right?

Comment

Saw Girlfight with Michelle Rodriguez and wanted to try it. Plus I wanted to know if I could knock someone out. The answer? Yes. Yes I can. But man did it kill my hand.

Comment

Working...
                      X