No announcement yet.

advice on amatuer boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Young Gun View Post
    yeaaa iam left handed correct iam setting up to be a k0 puncher. u no 1st 2nd 3rd round k0's. believe me i been in about hundred street fights i no what power i have.
    lol if i had a dollar for how many people have said that...or something similar. Next is the half-assed video saying u got mad skills and KO power...then u get owned in a sparring session with a 10 year old girl and you come back to reality....lol on another note just keep training, dont worry about your "KO' power just get a trainer and work on technique

Comment

Originally posted by sterling View Post
      left handed ko power style! lol jus take ur time lol.
      lol that'll end up being his catchphrase

Comment

Yes I would agree that 2 months isn't enough training. I mean you could go out there and start fighting but you might get you butt handed to you. Take your time don't be in a rush. Find yourself a good sparring parter or two and work with them. That will let you know if you're ready for fighting yet.

I didn't spar for a good 4-6 months. And my first fight came almost a year after I had been training. But trust me the dealy paid off and I could tell when I was fighting someone with improper training because it was a piece of cake. Don't be someone's piece of cake.

Comment

i found it odd too when he aksed me i def thought it was alil early i dont no maybe he saw sumthing in me. i dont **** around in the gym i dont joke with the kids i go in there and work my ass off. that might be a reason why.

Comment

I love when these kids come in the gym. "Ive had like 150 street fights!" "I got power!" "I'm ready to fight now!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Young Gun View Post
              i found it odd too when he aksed me i def thought it was alil early i dont no maybe he saw sumthing in me. i dont **** around in the gym i dont joke with the kids i go in there and work my ass off. that might be a reason why.
              Post up a video of you on the bag or shadow boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegelo View Post
                well- i'll leave the finance to the phone call since there are a bunch of options to choose from. the good thing is that you don't have to pay for a trainer serperately. The fee is for semi-private training meaning each day you'll be teamed up with one of the trainers there and they are all good. its a real team without any of the grimey attempts from trainer to steal kids away from other trainers. its also a communal vibe which is nice. 718-366-6585. ill be there from 5-8 or 9 today. look for the tall skinny white dude with the long hair. my names mike! good luck.
                yo man i went by there and saw ray.. that **** is the real deal.. ill be seeing u there next week!!! good looks on that!

Comment

Originally posted by JayWater39 View Post
                  yo man i went by there and saw ray.. that **** is the real deal.. ill be seeing u there next week!!! good looks on that!
                  nice. see ya at the gym bud...

Comment

Originally posted by JayWater39 View Post
                    btw, can you tell ray that mike spiegel recommended you to the gym. itll save me 20 bucks for membership this month, haha. just found that out. thanks bro!

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegelo View Post
                      well- i'll leave the finance to the phone call since there are a bunch of options to choose from. the good thing is that you don't have to pay for a trainer serperately. The fee is for semi-private training meaning each day you'll be teamed up with one of the trainers there and they are all good. its a real team without any of the grimey attempts from trainer to steal kids away from other trainers. its also a communal vibe which is nice. 718-366-6585. ill be there from 5-8 or 9 today. look for the tall skinny white dude with the long hair. my names mike! good luck.
                      yea no doubt

Comment

Working...
                      X