No announcement yet.

VIDEO: Rope Work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dadon5 View Post
    Jump roping is for school girls and ******s.
    well as long as it makes my footwork better in the ring, ill be a school girl all day

decent jump roping by the way

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post

Since you guys have such short attention spans, here is a short excerpt of a session of rope work.
      thats okay but ur feet shouldnt hit the rope and u should mix in some double jumps etc......instead of constant criss cross. mate honestly i think its time to admit u r a beginner...

Comment

I took the time to read some of your posts, and I finally get it now. I have been constantly confused by the intelligent posts followed by utter nonsense, and I finally get it now.

You are from Europe. I saw the video of you sparring, it all became so clear. You seem to have been trained in the stiff upright European style. I am sure it was drilled into your head that there is only one right way to do something.

The American style of boxing must drive you insane. You must think to yourself "THEY ARE DOING IT WRONG! THAT IS NOT HOW YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO DO IT!"
        That's a great psycho analysis!

The funny thing about that is, that I've boxed more fights in the US than you have, seeing as I boxed in N.Y. for a year as a teenager, and you don't have any fights (funny how you keep dodging thatissue ). I don't know which video you've seen of me sparring, but I'm anything but stiff and upright, especially compared to you sparring. The video that is on youtube of me, is me playing around with one of my younger fighters, who is much lighter than me, which means I'm not even trying to hit him, I'm just changing things up, to make him adapt to diffferent stuff.
        Edit: Here's the vid

I'm a firm believer of doing what works, be it training methodology or fighting style. If you've ever seen the current American Olympic squad, you'll notice that they fight in contemporary international amateur style (with certain personal variations, since everybody fights, and should fight, different). They do this, because that is what works under the Olympic rules. Once they turn pro, they'll adapt their style, as they rightly should.

I train amateurs, from beginners to international level. I also train a rookie pro. Do I train them the same? Do I want them to fight the same way/style? Hell NO! So much for your crap, once again.
        Last edited by PunchDrunk; 07-02-2008, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Since you guys have such short attention spans, here is a short excerpt of a session of rope work.
          Only little girls skip rope.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post

The funny thing about that is, that I've boxed more fights in the US than you have, seeing as I boxed in N.Y. for a year as a teenager, and you don't have any fights (funny how you keep dodging thatissue ). I don't know which video you've seen of me sparring, but I'm anything but stiff and upright, especially compared to you sparring. The video that is on youtube of me, is me playing around with one of my younger fighters, who is much lighter than me, which means I'm not even trying to hit him, I'm just changing things up, to make him adapt to diffferent stuff.

I'm a firm believer of doing what works, be it training methodology or fighting style. If you've ever seen the current American Olympic squad, you'll notice that they fight in contemporary international amateur style (with certain personal variations, since everybody fights, and should fight, different). They do this, because that is what works under the Olympic rules. Once they turn pro, they'll adapt their style, as they rightly should.

I train amateurs, from beginners to international level. I also train a rookie pro. Do I train them the same? Do I want them to fight the same way/style? Hell NO! So much for your crap, once again.
            People should be listening to this guy right here! rather then the know it all who by the looks of it hasnt even had any fights.. but i guess he doesnt have to since he knows he will win anyway.. everything he does is perfect in everyway and he will tell you that everytime you try to criticize him for doing something wrong..

I hope you dont act like this towards your trainer when he tells you you're doing something wrong, do you explain to him in detail the way you are doing it is right and you know more about boxing then he does? some of you beginners should be listening to people like Punchdrunk rather then giving out your own advice on boxing that you know nothing about..

Comment

An unnamed person in my house was making funny faces at me causing me to miss a steps and subsequently turn my back into a welted mess. After about the 10th time, I became a little irritated.

When I miss a step I don't normally catch the front of my feet, it clips my heel and whips me in the back, and it stings like a ****ing *****, especially without a shirt on.
              i feel ur payne

Comment

/

great sparring,

lol whats shaun on about the european style lol, i wish some americans would stop refering to us as europeans because in england we dont consider our self as ''europeans'' were english or british our europe is not like each other everyone is europes diffrent,

Comment

****ing nice sparring!! I like that fast amateure style. once I sparred with a guy, who trains with us, who is a really good amateure fighter and who will sign with universum boxing later this year.

very impressive session!!!

Comment

Funny you mention the current olympic squad. I was in the gym today with Shawn Estrada.

Its funny how you keep saying I don't have fights, because I do. A few people on here know my record, Da1catus being one of them, but I have asked them to keep that private, because frankly it is irrelevant.

I am not dodging anything, I am simply keeping pointless babble about records out of conversations about technique, because it has no place there.

Comment

Funny you mention the current olympic squad. I was in the gym today with Shawn Estrada.

Its funny how you keep saying I don't have fights, because I do. A few people on here know my record, Da1catus being one of them, but I have asked them to keep that private, because frankly it is irrelevant.

I am not dodging anything, I am simply keeping pointless babble about records out of conversations about technique, because it has no place there.
                      Once again, you show impressive skills in dodging what my post was really about.

Comment

Working...
                      X