No announcement yet.

VIDEO: Rope Work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Towelie View Post
    Lol I wouldnt call you fat, you look pretty In-shape to me, by the way you have good defense, I really need to work on knowing where I am in the ring and my defense...
    I'm about 20 lbs over the weight I used to fight at...

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
      That's a great psycho analysis!

The funny thing about that is, that I've boxed more fights in the US than you have, seeing as I boxed in N.Y. for a year as a teenager, and you don't have any fights (funny how you keep dodging thatissue ). I don't know which video you've seen of me sparring, but I'm anything but stiff and upright, especially compared to you sparring. The video that is on youtube of me, is me playing around with one of my younger fighters, who is much lighter than me, which means I'm not even trying to hit him, I'm just changing things up, to make him adapt to diffferent stuff.
      Edit: Here's the vid

I'm a firm believer of doing what works, be it training methodology or fighting style. If you've ever seen the current American Olympic squad, you'll notice that they fight in contemporary international amateur style (with certain personal variations, since everybody fights, and should fight, different). They do this, because that is what works under the Olympic rules. Once they turn pro, they'll adapt their style, as they rightly should.

I train amateurs, from beginners to international level. I also train a rookie pro. Do I train them the same? Do I want them to fight the same way/style? Hell NO! So much for your crap, once again.
      It's evident from that video that you have good technique and sound fundamentals.

You are a breath of fresh air from the arm chair critics and the people who do more typing than fighting.
      Last edited by Mickey Gomez; 07-03-2008, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
        62-26 I think
        cool, do you think someone that started boxing at the age of 20 or 21 can make the 2012 olympics with about 20 fights in total

Comment

Originally posted by hello2007 View Post
          cool, do you think someone that started boxing at the age of 20 or 21 can make the 2012 olympics with about 20 fights in total
          Short, honest answer: No.

On the other hand, you could be freakishly talented, and have what it takes. Olympic qualification is just so much harder than people realize.

Comment

Working...
          X