Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Biggest Fears

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spiders ,needles ,heights ,dark places i dont no ,shemales ,gay people touching me i dont mind um but when the touch my i dont like it, being stuck in a room of celtic/arsenal/man u/spurs fans with my chelsea/rangers shirt on when weve just beat um in a room

Comment

We all have many more fears than we care to admit. It's funny how spiders, syringes and heights always seem to make an appearance in these sort of threads but can you honestly say you wouldn't fear any of these:

1) Being trapped in a lions cage, your body smeared in blood
      2) Being dangled from a helicopter at 18,000ft while it flies over an active volcano
      3) Taking a roundabout at 80mph in a Nissan Micra
      4) Being handcuffed to the toilet while your house is on fire

Etc, etc, etc. See what I mean. Many situations will bring out our utmost fear. I suppose this thread contains many phobia's as opposed to fear itself.

Comment

^^ right but thats an academic situation, that is within our control.
        finding a spider can happen
        randomly finding yourself in a micra doing 80 round the roundabout doesnt JUST HAPPEN

i think the discussion is about more conventional (and possibly rational) phobias

Comment

I Understood your question.

Of course everyone would be afraid to be dangling by a rope over a volcano...Dropping and then landing on a rock only to have both your feet and half of one shin and a hand in the lava while you live through it all.

But you meant what scared someone individually...

Well I think mine is the most serious...seeing as you can't kill it, defeat it or avoid it.

My greatest Fear has always been Aging... I hate to see time pass. I hate to have birthdays. I hate my nieces being 2 already. I hate that your prime only lasts so long. I hate that the body starts to whither away. It scares me.. but I live with it every day and often think about it. Nothing I can do. And having the condition that I have doesn't calm my nerves.

Might sound like a stupid fear to you guys but it scares me closer to death everyday. I don't know how i developed it.

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
            I Understood your question.

Of course everyone would be afraid to be dangling by a rope over a volcano...Dropping and then landing on a rock only to have both your feet and half of one shin and a hand in the lava while you live through it all.

But you meant what scared someone individually...

Well I think mine is the most serious...seeing as you can't kill it, defeat it or avoid it.

My greatest Fear has always been Aging... I hate to see time pass. I hate to have birthdays. I hate my nieces being 2 already. I hate that your prime only lasts so long. I hate that the body starts to whither away. It scares me.. but I live with it every day and often think about it. Nothing I can do. And having the condition that I have doesn't calm my nerves.

Might sound like a stupid fear to you guys but it scares me closer to death everyday. I don't know how i developed it.
            You bring up a good point man. It's not even so much that we're getting closer and closer to death as time goes by, but it sometimes makes you wonder whether you're really getting the most out of your life. That's really what got me into working out and later boxing. I don't want to look back when I'm 60 years old and have a saggy-ass body and think that I had all that time in my youth to be fit. I'm not really sure if this is what you're getting at, but I just wanted to mention this nonetheless.

What's the condition you mentioned if it's not too personal?
            Last edited by sukhenkoy; 04-01-2008, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Unanimous View Post
              We all have many more fears than we care to admit. It's funny how spiders, syringes and heights always seem to make an appearance in these sort of threads but can you honestly say you wouldn't fear any of these:

1) Being trapped in a lions cage, your body smeared in blood
              2) Being dangled from a helicopter at 18,000ft while it flies over an active volcano
              3) Taking a roundabout at 80mph in a Nissan Micra
              4) Being handcuffed to the toilet while your house is on fire

Etc, etc, etc. See what I mean. Many situations will bring out our utmost fear. I suppose this thread contains many phobia's as opposed to fear itself.
              I think these kinds of fears deserve their own thread. I just wanted to see the most common fears that people have - like many mentioned: spiders, syringes, etc. Obviously, my biggest fear would be something like having a murderer come into my house, put both of my parents at gunpoint, and force me to decide which parent to kill out of the two. These kinds of things I don't even want to think about, but obviously, it doesn't even compare with my (stupid) fear of spiders, blood tests, blah blah blah.

Comment

Working...
              X