Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flashy View Post
    Yet every professional uses roadwork.
    Originally posted by Rob Pilger View Post
    Not as many fighters as you think use roadwork and it's heavily overrated and not used by the rare breed of coaches who understand exercise physiology.
    Yeah, sure I read somewhere that Diaz doesn't do running. He swims instead, which is probably better for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JF91 View Post
      Same problem here, I just wake up turn it off then jump back in to bed .. it's so frustrating when I eventualy get out of bed later on ..
      Join the Marines. I promise you that you will be running( A LOT).

Comment

anybody who says roadwork is overrated doesnt know sh** about boxing. Running is the best aerobic exercise out there and is a vital part to becoming a good fighter. Anybody who tells you roadwork is "overrated" is an idiot and is probally a terrible boxer.

Comment

Not as many fighters as you think use roadwork and it's heavily overrated and not used by the rare breed of coaches who understand exercise physiology.

Rob Pilger
          http://www.boxingperformance.com
          http://www.theultimateboxingworkout.com/fighters.html
          So then what would you recommend buddy? You posted 2 links that lead to no dirrect article.

Comment

That's a good thing that your sleeping through it. Road work is over rated and a waste of time. Hmmm. Running 4-7 slowed paced miles to prepare for a fight that has repeated bouts of intense activity, in multiple directions, fought at different a pace throughout the round... Sure....Road work will prepare you for that.

Rob Pilger
            http://www.boxingperformance.com
            http://www.theultimateboxingworkout.com/fighters.html
            lol im willing to bet u have never boxed before? all the great fighters do regular roadwork, past and present ali, robinson in the past, nowadays guys like hatton and mayweather still run....no i suppose it wont help you at all

Comment

its not a case of not being bothered. i just cant get up and i dont want to be runnin at 9/10 in the mornin when every1 is about. i mite start doin it at night that seems the only solution thanks for the help

Comment

Look This is 2008... For anyone that says roadwork is vital is to becoming a good fighter is an absolute ****ing idiot. STUDY exercise science/physiology! Well, judging from the intellect on some of your posts, can you even read or know what a book is?

Tell me boys, how much of boxing is aerobic? Do you even know or is it, well I can't think... why should I so and so does it.. nooooot as much as you think.

You getter better results with shorter more intense runs. That match the intensity and energy systems being used during a fight..simple.

You don't put your track shoes and run around the ring like a ***** during a fight do you?

Seriously, all these uneducated people who debate out of pure emotion and NOT logic don't understand training.

Skills win the fight for you aussieboxer2320 not running 8 slow paced miles, dude I'm not even going to break it down for you cause you'll spout of weeeelll so and so does this! Mayweather does more sprint work and shorter intense running than you think bro.

At least there are some people on here who understand training.

giantsbran1227.. no article from me on here.. But shuttle runs, sprint repeats, stair runs, cruise ( tempo run ) sprint drills.. are example of superior conditioning. The key is using near incomplete rest periods...

Hey.. You boys probably still believe in the ****ing Easter Bunny don't you? Common it's ok, tell me.. admit it.. Santa Clause too? I know I know your little sister or brother does so I guess you have better too.

Hell those of you who favor long road work would probably tell an overweight person to go jog for an hour or 45 minutes, or do an hour on the bike to lose the weight..

Sorry fellas, amongst TRUE experts who understand boxing and training fighters, you guys are the laughing stock, or complete idiots who don't know **** about boxing.. Please keep your insults coming cause coming from you and the intellect you show in your posts, they mean very little, veeeeery little :-) but they are funny so they do make my day.. Thank you!
                Last edited by Rob Pilger; 03-13-2008, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Shut the **** up, trying to promote your Dollar Store DVD with us aint gon work Rob Pilger, who the **** are and where did you come from? Whats your background in the sport dickhead? Exactly. Dude you know **** about boxing conditioning and dont tell me Im wrong when Ive read your piece of **** posts. Young ***** trying to make it big with us, get the **** outta here ya worthless cocky prick.

Comment

Look This is 2008... For anyone that says roadwork is vital is to becoming a good fighter is an absolute ****ing idiot. STUDY exercise science/physiology! Well, judging from the intellect on some of your posts, can you even read or know what a book is?

You getter better results with shorter more intense runs. That match the intensity and energy systems being used during a fight..simple.

You don't put your track shoes and run around the ring like a ***** during a fight do you?

Seriously, all these uneducated people who debate out of pure emotion and NOT logic don't understand training.

Skills win the fight for you aussieboxer2320 not running 8 slow paced miles, dude I'm not even going to break it down for you cause you'll spout of weeeelll so and so does this! Mayweather does more sprint work and shorter intense running than you think bro.

At least there are some people on here who understand training.

giantsbran1227.. no article from me on here.. But shuttle runs, sprint repeats, stair runs, cruise ( tempo run ) sprint drills.. are example of superior conditioning. The key is using near incomplete rest periods...

Hey.. You boys probably still believe in the ****ing Easter Bunny don't you? Common it's ok, tell me.. admit it.. Santa Clause too? I know I know your little sister or brother does so I guess you have better too.

Hell those of you who favor long road work would probably tell an overweight person to go jog for an hour or 45 minutes, or do an hour on the bike..

Sorry fellas, amongst TRUE experts who understand boxing and training fighters, you guys are the laughing stock, or complete idiots who don't know **** about boxing.. Please keep your insults coming cause coming from you and the intellect you show if your posts, they mean very little, veeeeery little :-) but they are funny so they do make my day.. Thank you!

giantsbran1227
                    the kind of conditioning you mentioned does help and does simulate the output of energy in a real fight better i agree, but roadwork is valuable on top of that for general fitness, burning fat, and not to mention the dedication and honesty it takes from you. running for 8 ****ing miles in the streets gets your head on track and hopefully lets you think about the fight and strategy, all that ****, as well as guarantees that you're not out partying late at night and other ****

Comment

Why is it good to run in the morning?

Comment

Working...
                      X