No announcement yet.

Best way to burn fat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxing4ever View Post
    ITs ****ing crazy how some of you guys in here make it sound to loose fat! If fat really was as easy to burn as you guys make it sound then no one in the ****ing world would have a oz of fat on thier body! Its not as easy as JUST EATING RIGHT AND RUNNING YOUR ASS OFF! I even tested it out myself! for 8 weeks straight about a month ago I Dieted VERY VERY strickly and did not even touch or drink anything or eat anything bad for me and I worked out 6 days out of the week 3 days were boxing gym days and the other 3 were long distance running days where I ran 4-6 miles 3 days a week. Starting weight was 167 when I was done end weight was 168!
    Can anyone help that actually knows what the **** there doing when it comes to loosing weight and im not looking for any smart ass replies like, JUST DONT EAT AND RUN.
    Hey if it works for me.....I figured you could try it and it work for you...

well maybe not.. but just running alot works for me.

Find your own cure i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
      Hey if it works for me.....I figured you could try it and it work for you...

well maybe not.. but just running alot works for me.

Find your own cure i guess.
      no dont get me wrong catas most of the stuff you said worked for you was correct but Im in a very deep hole here and I dont know how to dig myself out of it I mean I tried what works for other people but for some reason my body is just not giving it up and not to mention im only 5"9 and im young.

Comment

Originally posted by moin126 View Post
        do you know how to make a sandwich?
        Do i know how to make a sandwhich?

do i know how to make a damn sandwhich

well i'll bloody tell you

no i dont actually....

Comment

I don't know loads about losing weight - but since 02/02/08 I've been following something fairly strict and I've come from 14st 7 to 13st 10...

I have ate a good mix of 'good stuff' every day (tuna, vegetables, fruit, baked potatoes, grilled chicken) and I have drank about 2-3 litres of water. I've also done cardio 5 days a week (for 30-40 mins at mixed intensity) and sit-ups/press ups every night. Not eating at night is a swine but apparently it's worth not doing!

Sadly - at 13st 10lbs (192?) and 5ft 10 (178 cm) I'm still quite tubby; but, things are working quite well to burn fat.

(p.s. this is my first post so please don't butcher me if this turns out to be just me getting lucky!)

Comment

Originally posted by boxing4ever View Post
            ITs ****ing crazy how some of you guys in here make it sound to loose fat! If fat really was as easy to burn as you guys make it sound then no one in the ****ing world would have a oz of fat on thier body! Its not as easy as JUST EATING RIGHT AND RUNNING YOUR ASS OFF! I even tested it out myself! for 8 weeks straight about a month ago I Dieted VERY VERY strickly and did not even touch or drink anything or eat anything bad for me and I worked out 6 days out of the week 3 days were boxing gym days and the other 3 were long distance running days where I ran 4-6 miles 3 days a week. Starting weight was 167 when I was done end weight was 168!
            Can anyone help that actually knows what the **** there doing when it comes to loosing weight and im not looking for any smart ass replies like, JUST DONT EAT AND RUN.

Listen bud, you should calm down a little. These guys are trying to help and the advise they give is the right thing to do. Losing weight is simple. Just takes dedication and a good diet. There's no magical way to do it. You just have to understand your body and diet. Simple as that.

Eliminate 95% of fats and carbs on your diet and you will burn fat with your workouts guarantied. If you don't, then it's because you have none to burn and the only way to lose a few more pounds is to dehydrate yourself before a fight. Speaking from personal experience, I used to walk around 15# heavier then I was fighting and would go on no fat or carbs crash diets 2 weeks before I faught and never had problems losing the weight. You can also use this crash det to lose the weight you want and when it's lost, keep an eye n your diet. I'm actually doing it right now as I have 35# to lose before I can fight again. I havn't faught in a few years so it will take me a little bit of time to get back into fighting shape. I figure it will take me 3 or 4 weeks to lose 30#.

like I said, you have to understand your body and how it reacts to food. But you eliminate fats and carbs off your diet and YOU WILL burn fat when working out.

Now you may ask: How do I find foods that have no fat or carbs? I'll give you my crash diet I used to use when I was fighting. But I don't recommend doing it for more then 2 weeks for nutrition purposes. Tuna and low fat, low carbs protein shakes mixed with water or skim milk. That's the simpleless diet you will ever be on. You'll feel like you have no energy as your carb intake is very low to none but the key is to suck it up and cntinue working out to burn that extra fat.

Comment

to the thread starter and boxing forever..

PM me if you want a free, good website with some good info. i dont advertise for the site.. its a good read n stuff..

u can also check out bodybuilding.com articles about nutrition.. some are very good..

Comment

Originally posted by chabobo View Post
                Listen bud, you should calm down a little. These guys are trying to help and the advise they give is the right thing to do. Losing weight is simple. Just takes dedication and a good diet. There's no magical way to do it. You just have to understand your body and diet. Simple as that.

Eliminate 95% of fats and carbs on your diet and you will burn fat with your workouts guarantied. If you don't, then it's because you have none to burn and the only way to lose a few more pounds is to dehydrate yourself before a fight. Speaking from personal experience, I used to walk around 15# heavier then I was fighting and would go on no fat or carbs crash diets 2 weeks before I faught and never had problems losing the weight. You can also use this crash det to lose the weight you want and when it's lost, keep an eye n your diet. I'm actually doing it right now as I have 35# to lose before I can fight again. I havn't faught in a few years so it will take me a little bit of time to get back into fighting shape. I figure it will take me 3 or 4 weeks to lose 30#.

like I said, you have to understand your body and how it reacts to food. But you eliminate fats and carbs off your diet and YOU WILL burn fat when working out.

Now you may ask: How do I find foods that have no fat or carbs? I'll give you my crash diet I used to use when I was fighting. But I don't recommend doing it for more then 2 weeks for nutrition purposes. Tuna and low fat, low carbs protein shakes mixed with water or skim milk. That's the simpleless diet you will ever be on. You'll feel like you have no energy as your carb intake is very low to none but the key is to suck it up and cntinue working out to burn that extra fat.
                I think the Carb diet is the stupidest new diet technique on the planet. 1) Carbs = Energy. Your loosing vital nutrients not eating them 2) If you cut out carbs, you have to cut them out of your diet for the rest of your life, to keep that weight off.

Also, with fats. Your body needs fats no matter how you put it.

"The fact is: we all need fats. Fats helps nutrient absorption, nerve transmission, maintaining cell membrane integrity etc. However, when consumed in excess amount, fats contribute to weight gain, heart disease and certain types of cancer. Fats are not created equal. Some fats promote our health positively while other increase our risks of heart disease. The key is to replace bad fats with good fats in our diet."

Fried Foods, Fatty Cheesebirgers, Fries = Bad

Fish Oil, Olive oil, All types of nuts = Good For you!

Comment

Just diet correctly and run. You might be same or gain weight but that might be muscle. Your pot belly might shirnk in. But this is only for losing fat, I'm not too sure how to lose weight. (None fat people might need to lose weight too for matches or stuff)

Comment

this thread is ridiculous........

Ive seen all kinds of sh#% in here............all kinds of methods and most are wrong.

For some people in order to lose weight they have to consume more calories than they do normally...when you starve yourself throughout the course of a day your body stores anything eaten as fat, period.....if you feed yourself every 3 hours a small portion well balanced meal your metabolism will elevate...

If you run 5 miles a day, box and then eat 1500 cal that day.....you will lose muscle mass and your body will become catabolic....you will lose muscle not fat, deplete your body of nutrients and if continued for more than a week you will be at risk for serious injuries........I know people that advise this routine have not a clue....

Read a couple of the posts i wrote about fish oil, omega 3's 6's with GLA, CLA and L-carnitine with alpha lipoic acid.....every one should know what these essential fatty acids do and how they transport long chain fatty acids to mitochondria for use as energy.....

2 weeks ago I began cutting....i did not severly alter my diet, i did not cut my caloric intake, I did not start to run daily marathons, I didnt cut carbs from my diet....... I added these essential fatty acids, drank a gallon of water a day minimum and I have lost 13lbs in 2 weeks...........

bottom line: You need to understand how the body operates before you come to a conclusion about what to feed it.......

Rane54 has the idea
                    Last edited by Detroit101; 02-27-2008, 09:30 AM.

Comment

for me heavy weight training helps to take fat off very quick

Comment

Working...
                      X