Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are There Amateurs fighting that are 30+?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm fighting a guy in his 30's on Friday.

It's worrying me... i hope he hasn't trained everyday for 20 ****ing years. He could lay some serious hammer down.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyb View Post
      I'm fighting a guy in his 30's on Friday.

It's worrying me... i hope he hasn't trained everyday for 20 ****ing years. He could lay some serious hammer down.
      Good luck, man. Whats your record??

Comment

30 should be the cap unless your opponent is over 30 also.

Comment

I just started as a Senior in December and lost by SD. Was close, people say i was robbed, but i think he just pipped me. So i'm 0 - 1 - not good eh?

Hope i win at the end of the week.

Comment

I just started as a Senior in December and lost by SD. Was close, people say i was robbed, but i think he just pipped me. So i'm 0 - 1 - not good eh?

Hope i win at the end of the week.
            How did ya get a bout that soon? Split decision is nothing to get disheartened about. It just shows it could have gone eiether way. But the scoring in the amateurs is bull**** anyway. Be sure to let us no how ya got on.

Comment

Originally posted by p4pking_2007 View Post
              How did ya get a bout that soon? Split decision is nothing to get disheartened about. It just shows it could have gone eiether way. But the scoring in the amateurs is bull**** anyway. Be sure to let us no how ya got on.
              Aye, one judge thought i'd got it eh?

I've been doing it for a while. Had some fights a few years ago, unsanctioned, 2 wins and a loss. But i then put a ton of weight on from just beer drinking mainly.

Then about 7 months ago, visited the gym to hit the bags and get a sweat on - try and lose that flab at a new gym. Got back into it. Lost about 3/4 stone. Got to 75/76kg. Started wanting to fight, and they were only to happy. In the best shape of my life right now.

Don't worry, i plan on winning on friday.

Comment

Aye, one judge thought i'd got it eh?

I've been doing it for a while. Had some fights a few years ago, unsanctioned, 2 wins and a loss. But i then put a ton of weight on from just beer drinking mainly.

Then about 7 months ago, visited the gym to hit the bags and get a sweat on - try and lose that flab at a new gym. Got back into it. Lost about 3/4 stone. Got to 75/76kg. Started wanting to fight, and they were only to happy. In the best shape of my life right now.

Don't worry, i plan on winning on friday.
                Unsanctioned? Does that mean like not official rules? Yeah in most beer it contains lots of fat in it thats why you see so many fat people drinking beer.

Good on ya for getting back into it. Do ya no anything about who ya facing? I'm not sure if the seniors is the same but where you have I think it is 6 fights against other people with only six fights then you get to fight anyone.

Good luck. And use that jab.

Comment

Unsanctioned? Does that mean like not official rules? Yeah in most beer it contains lots of fat in it thats why you see so many fat people drinking beer.

Good on ya for getting back into it. Do ya no anything about who ya facing? I'm not sure if the seniors is the same but where you have I think it is 6 fights against other people with only six fights then you get to fight anyone.

I can fight anyone my trainer thinks is sutible to be honest. It was unsanctioned as they weren't recognised by the ABA. They were in a private show thats all. Good experience, same rules as Am fights -but we weren't officially fighting as part of the ABA.

Comment

how old ru mickey B

Comment

lol their is not "fat in beer"

Its sugar in beer that does not get used as energy and therefore converted into fat.,,,

Comment

Working...
                      X