Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried Creatine Ethyl Ester (instead of creatine monoydrate)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried Creatine Ethyl Ester (instead of creatine monoydrate)?

Hey guys, just wanted to know if anyone here has tried creatine ethyl ester? It's basically 2nd generation creatine. The creatine the majority of us either use or may have used in the past is creatine monohydrate. Creatine Monohydrate has a lower potency and has to be taken in large amounts including a loading phase of roughly 1 week. Creatine Ethyl Ester has a potency several times stronger and therefore doesn't require the loading phase.

I know there are guys, including myself that believe creatine isn't necessary to become a fighter and I still believe that to be true but (and a big but) on doing my research regarding lactic acid build and anearobic activity I found out that the creatine found in your muscles is one of the energy sources used when your body performs anearobic movements (in other words a movement without the use of oxygen such as throwing a combination). So it's quite possible that creatine will increase your lactic threshold and allow you to punch for longer at a higher intensity. Sorry I'm a geek when it comes to training, but it's good to know the science behind what you're trying to achieve, it can help you loads!

Some peeps are under the impression that creatine will bulk you up and make you a meat head. My experience was that it just increased my power output by a good 20% when I used to lift weights. It was protein supplements that bulked me up rather than creatine.

Anyways sorry to ramble on, let me know if you've tried this 2nd generation stuff and let us know how you got on. If you've never heard of it just google "CEE" or Creatine Ethyl Ester.

Originally posted by Darkstranger View Post
    Anyways sorry to ramble on
    Your forgiven, just dont do it again.

Comment

I have used CEE for 3 years. excellent stuff, I take 5g a fay and have had much better results than creatine mono or any of the other creatine mixes.

It's cheap give it a shot.

http://www.supplementdirect.com/ is a great place to buy it.

Comment

Yes I use it. BSN Cellmass.

Comment

What do you mean by a loading phase?

I've been using Creatine for like a week now, I can feel the difference in my punching / lifting / overall workout

Comment

Loading phase depends on the type and brand of creatine.

Comment

Creatine mono is usually "front loaded" to saturate the muscles thoroughly when you first start taking it. CEE is just creatine mono bonded to a transport agent that is suppose to shuttle directly into your muscles.

Comment

for you guys who have taken creatine ethyl ester pills, do you get "shrinkage" in your man parts like with regular creatine???
                Last edited by eneyman; 04-01-2008, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eneyman View Post
                  for you guys who have takes creatine ethyl ester pills, do you get "shrinkage" in your man parts like with regular creatine???
                  You don't get that with any kind of creatine.

Comment

Working...
                  X