No announcement yet.

What Equipment Do you guys use?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mickeyb View Post
    Bah... there ok. Infact.. no there not. I don't reckno i'll buy another pair after i've done with these.

There very large and very well padded (despite the reputation that Reyes have). The padding is very thick, but almost too thick. It takes quite an effort to maintain a fist - and its not just because they haven't been broken in, because i've boxed a hundred or two rounds in them.

However...the look good! if thats any consilation. Plus they protect my aching hands very well (which is why i bought them).
    wow really? what weight gloves are you using?

Comment

16oz. But they feel heavier.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyb View Post
        16oz. But they feel heavier.
        crazy, i thought reyes were sappost to be punchers gloves.

I used to have a pair of 16oz TKO gloves and the looked MASSIVE they looked like some sort of joke gloves and they were litteraly too thick but i never felt any impact on my hands.

Comment

yeah.. maybe there the same thing.

I know there supposed to be 'punchers gloves' and everytime i've mentioned them in here - i get "YOU CAN'T WEAR THOSE FOR SPARRING... YOU'LL CUT SOMEONE!!". But seriously, if you saw, wore and boxed with ...or against someone with them on, then you'd see how they are heavy...and well endowed with padding. I can't vouch for other cleto reyes...but mine are ok.

They protect my hands, which are troublesome sometimes. So.. they're good for that. But say...anotehr gym come and spar with us, and i want to put on a good effort for the name of my club - i don't wear them. I wear Everlast instead, because, i'm quicker and put on a better showing of my talent..etc.

Comment

MY ****

- 12 ounce RIVAL bag gloves (for bag / pads)
            - 14 ounce everlast training gloves (pretty ****ty, they arent the good ones)
            - nike boxing shoes
            - title mexican style hand wrapz

Comment

how do you like those rival gloves? they look gnarly. i don't know anybody who has actually tried them.

Comment

winning headgear(yes its the greatest ever!)
                grant gloves lace up 16 oz
                everlast handwraps
                title cup
                adidas shoes

Comment

Working...
                X