No announcement yet.

Reaction Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reaction Time

Id like to know how to improve reaction time? And please dont post saying something Like HIT THE BAG FAST or some crap like that, Id like to know a real way to improve my reaction time.

Floor to ceiling bag.

Comment

My reaction time got better over the course of sparring many rounds, for many months. Doing drills practicing the certain thing, and then trying to anticipate and set it up in sparring. Its all about anticipation.

Comment

sparring and floor to ceiling bag are best, if you can ever work with a partner then you can get them to throw jabs at you while you dodge and swap around and do it for him

Comment

a giant wall-mounted simon-sez.

Comment

A slip bag like Tyson used to use. Also try to use explosive defense.

Comment

tie two jumpropes onto a bar, leave like 2-3 feet of length hanging down (making 4 weighted lengths, basically) knock them all back in a pattern or trying to keep any of them from swinging back a certain length, you can also use this set-up to work on slipping punches. i haven't done this, sorta just drew it up in my head. but i know people use it for slipping punches so working on hand-reaction would probably fit right in.

Comment

Floor to ceiling bag is a given,but if you are looking for something to help outside of training roy jones jr. swore by plaing hours of airhockey to get that incredible fast reacting defense and offence.

Comment

try and spunk on a moving fly

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
                    A slip bag like Tyson used to use. Also try to use explosive defense.
                    Hmm.. Explosive Defense???

I've never heard the term... Can you explaint his for me... sounds like something NEw... atleast new too me maybe.

Comment

Working...
                    X