Talent VS experience

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
    Hey peeps.

I was wondering what is more important in your opinions. I am relatively new to the game but have been told i have alot of talent and "natural power," how much can this make up for lack of experience?
    talent is a great thing to have...nothing better than being able to learn things faster and easier than the others with the same experience you have BUT experience isnt something you walk into the gym or the ring with on day one...

both are important...

talent will take you so far but you rely on the experience and things you've learned along the way to take you further...

but talent is something now all boxers are born with (or any person who does anything in life...be it another athlete or a musician or whatever) but you can develop...

i think in boxing heart is also something that needs consideration and that isnt something you can learn...either yuo have it or you dont...

look at corrales...and gatti...those guys have heart...so so so much heart and it helps them sometimes when their talent isnt enough...

so everything is important really...

Comment

Originally posted by mightymouse2k View Post
      Birmingham, UK, yourself?
      florida, usa

Comment

An experienced fighter can trick a talented fighter,therefore it wont look as if they're talented. That **** happened to me in Wrestling. I just used brute strength to beat ppl. Then I got an experienced person and got my ass kicked in points,not a pin though.

Then again a talented boxer can always get and catch and experienced boxer.

Comment

How about removing yourselves from both categories.. Being some kind of elite.
          I'll explain.

Rocky marciano with more power and better jab.

Nikolai Valeuv with lots of speed and a Superb JAB with footwork.

Mayweather with a Ridiculous amount of power added.

If those 3 boxers had what i mentioned they would be in a whole new category.

Those are the only 3 fighters I would be able to see removed from the categories all together and placed into the box of "UNbeatable Boxer".

I know it sounds ridiculous but it was always possible.. just didnt go that way. if you Box Try to put yourself in the future and see what you can do to be better than what you are... Go ahead and bash me.. thats jus what i think. No one shoots for certain things in life anymore because its a set mindframe to think past a certain point is impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
            How about removing yourselves from both categories.. Being some kind of elite.
            I'll explain.

Rocky marciano with more power and better jab.

Nikolai Valeuv with lots of speed and a Superb JAB with footwork.

Mayweather with a Ridiculous amount of power added.

If those 3 boxers had what i mentioned they would be in a whole new category.

Those are the only 3 fighters I would be able to see removed from the categories all together and placed into the box of "UNbeatable Boxer".

I know it sounds ridiculous but it was always possible.. just didnt go that way. if you Box Try to put yourself in the future and see what you can do to be better than what you are... Go ahead and bash me.. thats jus what i think. No one shoots for certain things in life anymore because its a set mindframe to think past a certain point is impossible.
            great post..why not strive for greatness??

Comment

wellat the end of the day is the person who want it the most

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
                ill got will talent baecuse you can have all the experience in the world and come up agenst someone who is a better boxer(more talented) will win.just look at tony boot he is one of the mose expericed boxers out there. yet david haye was more talented and knocked him out.
                I was winning that fight when David Haye put sand on his gloves to try and get an advantage. It didn't work and I carried on giving him a lesson until the ref stopped the fight and gave him the decision. Worst decision in the history of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
                  stfu im right, your wrong nuff said
                  David Haye is a cheat. And a coward.

Comment

Working...
                  X