No announcement yet.

****ed up my wrist bad.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****ed up my wrist bad.

Its not broken but a couple of weeks ago i hit a guy on the hip trying to throw a hook to the body. It wasnt to bad a first but its gotten progressively worse. Its not broken though its just painful when it shifts side to side has anyone had any similar problems?

yea i did. mine was sprained. i would go to a doc and get a professional opinion. does the bone look a little bigger than ur other wrist, or is it slightly a different color, like theres a bruise on it? if its either one of those two, its a sprain my friend, but either way go to a doc and get it checked. i ignored it and jus waited 2 weeks to train and it constantly hurt still but i worked thru it and it eventually went away, but dont be stupid about it cuz tihnkin back i got real lucky i didnt permanently injure myself bein a damn bonehead like that. see the doc man u wont regret it.

Comment

I ****ed mine up on a 150lb bag. I left boxing for almost 3 months cause of it.

Comment

****ed my left one up on the heavybag wayyyy back... was out for 2 months.

Comment

i hurt my wrist alttle bit on some hooks, its not affecting performance at all but every now an then i get a little click in my wrist an it hurts a little. taking 3 months out is not an option.
          Does anybody have any exercises or suggestions for improving wrist strength??
          (beside buying hand wraps which im doing this weekend)

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
            yea i did. mine was sprained. i would go to a doc and get a professional opinion. does the bone look a little bigger than ur other wrist, or is it slightly a different color, like theres a bruise on it? if its either one of those two, its a sprain my friend, but either way go to a doc and get it checked. i ignored it and jus waited 2 weeks to train and it constantly hurt still but i worked thru it and it eventually went away, but dont be stupid about it cuz tihnkin back i got real lucky i didnt permanently injure myself bein a damn bonehead like that. see the doc man u wont regret it.
            nope it looks exactly the same, it just cracks all the time and hurts to move it side to side

Comment

i had the same problem but i injured mine by running and tripping. i didnt do anything to it for weeks until it hurt so bad i just wrapped my hand for 5 days. You gotta immobilize it

Comment

You don't even have hand wraps and you box?

Comment

Originally posted by themonk View Post
                  i hurt my wrist alttle bit on some hooks, its not affecting performance at all but every now an then i get a little click in my wrist an it hurts a little. taking 3 months out is not an option.
                  Does anybody have any exercises or suggestions for improving wrist strength??
                  (beside buying hand wraps which im doing this weekend)

Originally posted by kryo View Post
                  You don't even have hand wraps and you box?
                  yeah i saw that...thats hella sketchy i have a few pairs of handwraps their one of the boxing essentials, its like a mouthguard

Comment

get mexican wraps and when you think its 100% wait another week. I messed up my wrist and did not allow it to heal and was hindered by it for 8 months or so...

Comment

Working...
                    X