Collapse
No announcement yet.

I tell ya.Boxing is alot alot more harder then what most ppl think

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest thing to do when you are a boxer is start young. So you learn every single counter in boxing...so you have an answer to everything a boxer can throw at you. That is the biggest step...you have to keep gaining and gaining experience because it develops your character and skillset.

Comment

Originally posted by EMPOROAR View Post
      The biggest thing to do when you are a boxer is start young. So you learn every single counter in boxing...so you have an answer to everything a boxer can throw at you. That is the biggest step...you have to keep gaining and gaining experience because it develops your character and skillset.
      Thats a good thing to doBut alot of people don't start young like 6 -7 and 8 like most huge names..So they need sumthin else other than time...So its those guys who started young, then there are:

1. The God given Talent ones.. or Prodigies. RARE.

2. And the ones who train so much they become good in shorter lengths of time than the normal.

3. The ones that believe in anything...nothing is impossible.

Funny Thing is that 2-3 are just as rare as the First.

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
        Thats a good thing to doBut alot of people don't start young like 6 -7 and 8 like most huge names..So they need sumthin else other than time...So its those guys who started young, then there are:

1. The God given Talent ones.. or Prodigies. RARE.

2. And the ones who train so much they become good in shorter lengths of time than the normal.

3. The ones that believe in anything...nothing is impossible.

Funny Thing is that 2-3 are just as rare as the First.
        Have you been involved in sports? The most skillfull athletes are the ones who can blend in athleticism with LEARNED technique. If you expect to be an elite level athlete you need a great team behind you - starting from when you are 9 or 10. Boxing isn't black and white. It isn't just the one who hits harder, it isn't the one who has more speed, the best fighters are the ones who see openings and can EXECUTE. You only get this by starting young and training at a young age so you have experience over everyone.

Comment

Have you been involved in sports? The most skillfull athletes are the ones who can blend in athleticism with LEARNED technique. If you expect to be an elite level athlete you need a great team behind you - starting from when you are 9 or 10. Boxing isn't black and white. It isn't just the one who hits harder, it isn't the one who has more speed, the best fighters are the ones who see openings and can EXECUTE. You only get this by starting young and training at a young age so you have experience over everyone.
          You're right, boxing isn't black and white. Everything else you're wrong about, because you make it out to be exactly that; black and white.

Being able to see openings and EXECUTE ( ?) is not something that is dependent on when you start. Some people have it from say one, and some don't. Some people can start at age 20 and just have the eye for it. Some people can train their whole lives, and just not be able to do it.

I agree that starting at an early age will be an advantage in 9 cases out of 10, but it isn't that black and white. It really has to do with talent, and you can't always predict who will have and when. That's part of the beauty of it.

Comment

have you had your second fight yet versatile?

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
              have you had your second fight yet versatile?
              hmmm There not having anything yet. I got happy at first cause they asked if it wanted to fight 4 rounds yesterday,then I realized they thought I was a pro.haha. They keep thinking that.

Comment

Dude you're pretty delusional. You dont have to box all your damn life to see **** in boxing. My trainer started boxing at like 19,turned pro at 22. And he became a 2 time world champion,with loses only to elites and future greats or well known ppl.http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...8418&cat=boxer. So dont throw that "you need to start at an early age stuff out. As long as you can pick stuff up quickly and accurately you can prosper in boxing.

Comment

Thats great... and yes 9 or 10 years old is an Excellent age to start but they could lose to someone that just picked up the sport 9 years after them.

But theres a greater chance of them still winning because of experience. Thats why I stated that the cases I wrote about were all RARE. But even those positions can be worked towards.

Comment

you know what, my shoulder injury has ****ed me up so bad. but i am in the middle of studying. boxing was ALWAYS a place to gain confidence and get a good body as well as learning to fight. It is hard, and you DO get hit in the HEAD.

Studying for a FUTURE - YES
                    Getting punched in the head - NO

Comment

Originally posted by DaveBrown View Post
                      you know what, my shoulder injury has ****ed me up so bad. but i am in the middle of studying. boxing was ALWAYS a place to gain confidence and get a good body as well as learning to fight. It is hard, and you DO get hit in the HEAD.

Studying for a FUTURE - YES
                      Getting punched in the head - NO

You forgot to add the millions of dollars and women .. NOT to mention the Right to Dominate others and control lives...along with Fame and influence. living on the good side of money with loads of other doors to business ventures waiting for you to open them.

put that right before your NO!.

studying is good too... you could be the next Bill O'rieley or EVEN PRESISDENT BUSH!!

Comment

Working...
                      X