• Show
Clear All

• I tell ya.Boxing is alot alot more harder then what most ppl think

Thats all................

Is there a story behind this?

Comment

Originally posted by David06 View Post
      Is there a story behind this?
      No.But there are so many steps and things you can do to better yourself. And those little steps can take months to years to develop. Going a few rounds could kill you if you're not in proper shape. Trying to keep composure when in a live fight. Not tiring yourself out. Trying to figure out someone thats confusing. Constantly running even if you had a bad day or sore as hell.Keeping your hands up. Swelling,how if you get hit with a good shot it looks alot worse live up close then on tv.Your legs start doing things that your mind doesnt let it and you have no control.etc.

I talked to this Cruiserweight for over an hour at our gym yesterday.And he was telling me all the mistakes he made.And for me to watch out for me not to make them also. How his coach threw him to the dogs to fight pro. And a few loses can **** you over big time in Boxing. And there are alot of hungry ppl out there in the boxing world.

All that **** hit me and I was like, damn. He also showed me somethings I can improve on that he said could have been an easy target for someone that actually really knows what the **** there doing and really smart in the ring.

Its a huge wake up call for all these ppl thinking they're the **** at boxing. I myself know I have a long way to go. But there are some cocky ****ers out there.And yeah that **** aint no game.

Comment

For a while when I boxed I used to be flat flooted and wouldn't even use my reach nor my height to my advantage until the coach's son told me to start getting up on the balls of my feet.

Check my footwork is all I had to say afterwards

Comment

Thats why its best to start early. I wish I would have taken boxing up when I was younger. Back when I was still willing to work hard and focus. Now that Im in College, I find it extremely hard to diet and train everyday, and thats without a job. I'm not sure how I could have juggled school, work, and boxing.

I have a lot of respect for any person who sticks with it. Thats why I hate when people call boxers bums. If they had any idea what it takes just to win one pro fight.

Comment

Good call vers. There really is so much more to it than people think. Humility > cockiness

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
              No.But there are so many steps and things you can do to better yourself. And those little steps can take months to years to develop. Going a few rounds could kill you if you're not in proper shape. Trying to keep composure when in a live fight. Not tiring yourself out. Trying to figure out someone thats confusing. Constantly running even if you had a bad day or sore as hell.Keeping your hands up. Swelling,how if you get hit with a good shot it looks alot worse live up close then on tv.Your legs start doing things that your mind doesnt let it and you have no control.etc.

I talked to this Cruiserweight for over an hour at our gym yesterday.And he was telling me all the mistakes he made.And for me to watch out for me not to make them also. How his coach threw him to the dogs to fight pro. And a few loses can **** you over big time in Boxing. And there are alot of hungry ppl out there in the boxing world.

All that **** hit me and I was like, damn. He also showed me somethings I can improve on that he said could have been an easy target for someone that actually really knows what the **** there doing and really smart in the ring.

Its a huge wake up call for all these ppl thinking they're the **** at boxing. I myself know I have a long way to go. But there are some cocky ****ers out there.And yeah that **** aint no game.
              No doubt!

As they say "you don't play boxing!"

Comment

yeh it hard for most people who never do and exercise to keep punching for 3 mins

Comment

yea well all dudes think they can naturally fight and hang in with fighters they say they dont do it jus cuz they dont want brain damage and ****. no guy is ever gonna say oh yea its too hard i cant do it its a primal thing, but when they come into the ring, those 3 minutes last like 3 years. people jus have no clue and it is SOO funny to hear them talk about tactics and stuff lol.

Comment

Yeah, we kinda know it....from experience, you know.

eh.....

Comment

Working...
                    X