Clear All

I think this belt is a forced version of an ab excersize:

Stomach Vacuum

Exercise Data
    Main Muscle Worked: Abdominals
    Other Muscles Worked: None
    Equipment: BodyOnly
    Mechanics Type: Isolation

Tips: Works the transversus abdominus and internal obliques. This gives you a flatter profile and a narrower waist!

To execute the Stomach Vacuum, stand upright and place your hands on your hips, and exhale all the air out of your lungs, completely. Expand your chest, and bring your stomach in as much as possible, and hold. Visualize trying to touch your navel to your backbone. One isometric contraction of "20" seconds is one repetition. You can work your way up to 40 or 60 seconds.

Once mastered, the Stomach Vacuum can be performed in a standing, kneeling, seated, and lying position.

Info from www.bodybuilding.com

DMC

Comment

This, and devices of this ilk, do not work.

Products like this produce sweat but they don’t burn fat any quicker than the exercise itself will. Only long-term exercise and a proper diet can burn fat, period.

Here is what this product does: As you sweat you temporarily lose water weight, but not fat. These are two different things. This is why anyone trying to make weight right before a weigh-in will try to work up a sweat. But right after you refill the body with fluids (say a couple of glasses of water) the weight comes back. You could put on a plastic garbage bag and run for half an hour in the sun and lose maybe up to a pound, but you really haven’t lost any fat. Only the exercise can do that, and that takes time and consistency.

Again, it does not burn fat and is a total waste of time and money.

*Side note: There is also no exercise that will cause you to lose weight in any one particular area either. This is a common misperception. You can build muscles in one area, but fat is burnt off only by exercise and diet and can’t be focused on in any particular area. This includes sit-ups. True, you are building muscle in that area, and the exercise is burning fat, but it is not burning fat any faster in your stomach than in any other part of your body. You only see it more clearly in your stomach as you burn fat which causes the misperception. (Also, you can’t change muscle to fat. They are two different things. You burn fat and build muscle.)

This is also why when people lose weight their faces get thinner. They aren’t doing face exercises, they are just loosing fat in general.

Anyway, good luck! You seem to have the drive so I bet with some effort and consistency you will reach your goals and even exceed them!

Comment

Originally posted by Feint View Post
        This, and devices of this ilk, do not work.

Products like this produce sweat but they don’t burn fat any quicker than the exercise itself will. Only long-term exercise and a proper diet can burn fat, period.

Here is what this product does: As you sweat you temporarily lose water weight, but not fat. These are two different things. This is why anyone trying to make weight right before a weigh-in will try to work up a sweat. But right after you refill the body with fluids (say a couple of glasses of water) the weight comes back. You could put on a plastic garbage bag and run for half an hour in the sun and lose maybe up to a pound, but you really haven’t lost any fat. Only the exercise can do that, and that takes time and consistency.

Again, it does not burn fat and is a total waste of time and money.

*Side note: There is also no exercise that will cause you to lose weight in any one particular area either. This is a common misperception. You can build muscles in one area, but fat is burnt off only by exercise and diet and can’t be focused on in any particular area. This includes sit-ups. True, you are building muscle in that area, and the exercise is burning fat, but it is not burning fat any faster in your stomach than in any other part of your body. You only see it more clearly in your stomach as you burn fat which causes the misperception. (Also, you can’t change muscle to fat. They are two different things. You burn fat and build muscle.)

This is also why when people lose weight their faces get thinner. They aren’t doing face exercises, they are just loosing fat in general.

Anyway, good luck! You seem to have the drive so I bet with some effort and consistency you will reach your goals and even exceed them!
        Nice post Feint, how come we don't see you post here more often?

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
          Nice post Feint, how come we don't see you post here more often?
          Thanks!

I am fairly new to the board but I usually post either here, Non-Stop Boxing, or Boxing History.

Comment

Yeah I kind of thoguht the whole thing was BS but I didn't say anything at the time because
            1)I was in the middle of my workout, and I didn't feel like arguing during the rest period
            2)I'm pretty new to the gym and I don't want a reputation as the guy who always has to be right about everything
            and 3)The guy who suggested I get a belt was the head guy at the gym(Ricardo Williams Sr, father of Ricardo Williams Jr) don't want to get on his bad side.

Thanks a lot though...I'll just keep doing what I've been doing.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
              am i to assume u have evidence of it being benefical to weight loss? i'm jus voicin my opinion on it based on my fitness and nutrition knowledge (which isnt wonderful) i think those slimmer belts are gimmicks, but if u know different, i would like to hear ur opinion... thanks.

p.s. that avatar is awesome!
              No ******, I was in agreement with you lol.

p.s thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by maxorido View Post
                No ******, I was in agreement with you lol.

p.s thanks.
                oh haha aright i musta misread it my bad. cool then.

Comment

Originally posted by David06 View Post
                  Yesterday one of the trainers at my gym said I should get a "belt". Something like this or this.

I do have a lot of fat to lose, mostly in my stomach, some in my upper body(AKA I have a small pair of man boobs). Do these really work? I've seen a few guys at the gym wearing them, but are they really effective waist slimmer belt? I sweat so damn much as it is...
                  Every now and then I see ads about slimming belt on TV. The advertiser claims that by wearing the belt, you will lose belly fat in few weeks. I am interested in this product, however, I don't know any real person who has used this product. have you tried sliming belt, does it work.​

Comment

Working...
                  X