No announcement yet.

"Slimmer belt"...do they work?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Slimmer belt"...do they work?

Yesterday one of the trainers at my gym said I should get a "belt". Something like this or this.

I do have a lot of fat to lose, mostly in my stomach, some in my upper body(AKA I have a small pair of man boobs). Do these really work? I've seen a few guys at the gym wearing them, but are they really effective? I sweat so damn much as it is...

I don't get what its supposed to do... it just looks like a girdle...

Comment

I don't know I guess they keep your stomach warm and cause it to produce more sweat...supposed to help you lose fat off of your stomach. If you go to the first link, the Amazon link, some of the reviews help to explain it.

Comment

I know they are used alot by women to get that nice hourglass shape and make the waist small. kinda like a corset

Comment

its complete bull****. its not gonna make u lose more fat from ur stomach specifically thats impossible. dont buy into gimmicks dont waste money on it its ****in ludicrous that people buy these.

Comment

I'm not sure if they work. But if you look closely de la hoya was wearing one whilst training for pbf on the 24/7 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
              its complete bull****. its not gonna make u lose more fat from ur stomach specifically thats impossible. dont buy into gimmicks dont waste money on it its ****in ludicrous that people buy these.
              That's what I always thought, but I see a decent amount of people wearing them at my gym...Thought maybe they knew something I didn't, especially since I am new to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by David06 View Post
                That's what I always thought, but I see a decent amount of people wearing them at my gym...Thought maybe they knew something I didn't, especially since I am new to boxing.
                no, they know less. it does no harm but it does no good either. its jus a waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                  no, they know less. it does no harm but it does no good either. its jus a waste of money.
                  +1

It's amazing how you can convince people of something, without providing any evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by maxorido View Post
                    +1

It's amazing how you can convince people of something, without providing any evidence.
                    am i to assume u have evidence of it being benefical to weight loss? i'm jus voicin my opinion on it based on my fitness and nutrition knowledge (which isnt wonderful) i think those slimmer belts are gimmicks, but if u know different, i would like to hear ur opinion... thanks.

p.s. that avatar is awesome!

Comment

Working...
                    X