Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long Did It Take To Have Your First Bout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is good to have your first amateur fight as early as possible. It all depends on finding a suitable opponent. For example, if you've been boxing for 3 months, and your opponent has also been boxing for 3 months, then why not get in the ring and get some real fight experience?

One thing that I've noticed is a lot of guys like to train hard, spar a lot, and talk a lot about launching a boxing career, but aren't all that willing to actually get in the ring for bouts. The atmosphere of getting in the ring and fighting in front of a crowd in a real fight is different than going to the gym and sparring, and it is important to get as much experience as possible doing this. The 3 days before a fight are the most difficult part of boxing by far (yes more difficult than the fight). In my opinion the biggest barrier in front of anyone when it comes to being a successful amateur is their willingness to go through these days again and again in order to get fights and gain experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16 View Post
      I think it is good to have your first amateur fight as early as possible. It all depends on finding a suitable opponent. For example, if you've been boxing for 3 months, and your opponent has also been boxing for 3 months, then why not get in the ring and get some real fight experience?

One thing that I've noticed is a lot of guys like to train hard, spar a lot, and talk a lot about launching a boxing career, but aren't all that willing to actually get in the ring for bouts. The atmosphere of getting in the ring and fighting in front of a crowd in a real fight is different than going to the gym and sparring, and it is important to get as much experience as possible doing this. The 3 days before a fight are the most difficult part of boxing by far (yes more difficult than the fight). In my opinion the biggest barrier in front of anyone when it comes to being a successful amateur is their willingness to go through these days again and again in order to get fights and gain experience.
      How so? Is it just the anxiety of knowing you're going to be fighting in front of people or do you do some kinda specific training or whatnot?

Comment

Originally posted by Migs View Post
        How so? Is it just the anxiety of knowing you're going to be fighting in front of people or do you do some kinda specific training or whatnot?
        Its making weight, thinking of your game plan. being unsure of yourself, being careful not to injure yourself, thinking about all the "what ifs" is what make the days leading up so stressful

Comment

Working...
        X