Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long Did It Take To Have Your First Bout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Did It Take To Have Your First Bout?

Hey guys,

I just wanted to get a feel of how long it took before you had your first bout. How many months did it take until you thought "I'm ready". Did you ever have any conflicts with your coach where you thought you were ready but he thought otherwise?

Depends on the talent you were born with, the skills you acquire and your style as it evolves. Usually 6 to 12 months.

Comment

I had my first match after 1 month... my coach felt I was ready as well

..I was ready skill wise, but not condition wise... I dominated my guy the first 2 rds... gassing myself out, and couldnt get up out the corner for the last rd.. i was beyond tired.. bout ready to pass out lol

Comment

One month sounds really early, after 1 month i could hardly put my handwraps on, never mind fight.

My first bout came at about 6 months... and i don't think i was really ready mentally.

Physically and skill-wise i had what it took to beat my opponent and was ready in that respect (so no fault of my trainer). But when the bell rang, i just froze! Took a good hiding for 2 rounds, until the 3rd when i started to fight back, not boxing - but brawling. By then it was too late, and the bout was over.

About 6 months down the line, i got a rematch and beat the **** outta him. That first beating though worked as inspiration- i trained harder cos i didn't wanna feel that kind of pain again- i got a chip on my shoulder. It pushed me on.

Why whats up Darkstranger? You getting eager to jump in? Or just wondering.

Comment

8 months. Take your time.

Comment

Oh. . . . and even after 8 months, I was wondering if I was ready. I have a match coming up in a month -- that'll be my 18-month mark of boxing, BTW -- and I'm sitting here wondering if I'm ready. Your coach will know if you're ready. Take his word for it, because you will always wonder. It's part of the game.

Comment

I rolled about 2 or maybe 3 months after starting up. Stopped the kid in the 1st..............Rockin'

Comment

Well I think your trainer would be iresponsable to let you fight before at least 8 months and a full year for most. About a year is from what I hear most fight, thats what most pro fighters I have heard talk about it say.

Comment

Once you can throw punches non-stop and apply pressure for 7 rounds straight on a 3 min bell. (this is after you've learned a little technique)

you'll definately be ready for the strain of the crowd and the anxious that drains you on fight night after you can do this in the gym sparring.

Comment

8 months, and I got my nose broken.

Comment

Working...
                    X