Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sean Sherk Responds to Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LoL at the noob saying boxing + wrestling is not mixed martial arts, let me tell you what your definition of mixed martial arts is, bjj + mauy thai and thats absolute isn't it? shows how much credibility you have, I'm not going to waste my time on you noob
    Last edited by bbos; 07-01-2009, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbos View Post
      LoL at the noob saying boxing + wrestling is not mixed martial arts, let me tell you what your definition of mixed martial arts is, bjj + mauy thai and thats absolute isn't it? shows how much credibility you have, I'm not going to waste my time on you noob
      Its not, are you ******ed? You need to combine them and use them efficiently and with skill. Did I ever those are absolute, no. Thank you. If thats my definition why do I use wrestling, why do I use judo, etc? You need to stop making yourself appear dumb by assuming such things. It makes you come off more aggressively stupid and ore biased. MIXED martial arts, as in many, as in used TOGETHER. From your post you seem to think you are a MMA fighter by having done boxing and wrestling. That does not constitute an MMA fighter. Why do you go around calling everyone noobs. I probably don't know know as much as you about boxing, so? You act like someone buttfcuked you and I've seen some of your posts, you come across as a pr!ck. You need to chill out, stop letting the internet get you mad.

Apparently you believe you can only like one of the two, you are wrong. You are being so defensive for no reason its astonishing.

Comment

• hmm so i guess brock lesnar and randy contour are not mma practitioners, of course not they are ufc fighters

wrestling + judo is mma

wrestling + boxing is not mma

very logical

you mad?
        Last edited by bbos; 07-01-2009, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• double post

Comment

double post
            Do you just like making yourself sound dumb? What is Brock/Couture doing now MMA? Meaning what? Training in all aspects of the sport. Meaning what? Using a combination of arts, skills, tactics, etc. Meaning what? Not using just wrestling any more. Meaning what? Meaning you need to understand what your typing your response to.

Brock pre-UFC was NOT an MMA fighter, being an NCAA wrestler makes you that at that time if your not doing MMA. Randy Couture was a wrestler as well, unless they suddenly admitted MMA into the olympics (example) without anyone noticing. You seem to think when you do an aspect of MMA even when not used together or even in the same TIME frame, that you are a MMA fighter at all points in your life.

Originally posted by bbos View Post
            hmm so i guess brock lesnar and randy contour are not mma practitioners, of course not they are ufc fighters

wrestling + judo is mma

wrestling + boxing is not mma

very logical

you mad?
            Sheesh dude are you stupid. MMA is a very broad term encompassing many arts. What you posted would be a mixed fighting style. BUT YOU DID NOT SAY YOU DID BOXING AND WRESTLING TOGETHER. In which case if you did I'm sure you would be a MMA practitioner at the time, which from what you posted were not.

Haha me mad? Look whos calling people noobs and degrading people in an aggressive way over the internet. Lol saying I'm mad is laughable, are you mad that you feel you have to defend boxing from a threat that doesn't exist on this board?
            Last edited by Phenomkidd; 07-01-2009, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenomkidd View Post
              Do you just like making yourself sound dumb? What is Brock/Couture doing now MMA? Meaning what? Training in all aspects of the sport. Meaning what? Using a combination of arts, skills, tactics, etc. Meaning what? Not using just wrestling any more. Meaning what? Meaning you need to understand what your typing your response to.

Brock pre-UFC was NOT an MMA fighter, being an NCAA wrestler makes you that at that time if your not doing MMA. Randy Couture was a wrestler as well, unless they suddenly admitted MMA into the olympics (example) without anyone noticing. You seem to think when you do an aspect of MMA even when not used together or even in the same TIME frame, that you are a MMA fighter at all points in your life.

Sheesh dude are you stupid. MMA is a very broad term encompassing many arts. What you posted would be a mixed fighting style. BUT YOU DID NOT SAY YOU DID BOXING AND WRESTLING TOGETHER. In which case if you did I'm sure you would be a MMA practitioner at the time, which from what you posted were not.

Haha me mad? Look whos calling people noobs and degrading people in an aggressive way over the internet. Lol saying I'm mad is laughable, are you mad that you feel you have to defend boxing from a threat that doesn't exist on this board?
              what i posted was a MIXED fighting style... but its not MIXED martial arts...

it seems like I can't use wrestling in conjunction with boxing guys.
              you ****ing noob, by your logic a guy that a ufc fighter that uses boxing as stand up and uses wrestling on the ground is not a mma fighter.
              Last edited by bbos; 07-01-2009, 10:05 PM.

Comment

what i posted was a MIXED fighting style... but its not MIXED martial arts...

it seems like I can't use wrestling in conjunction with boxing guys.

I call you a noob not as an insult buddy, calm down and stop throwing insinuating claims over the internet,
                What doing boxing and wrestling does, is not giving you a mixed fighting style, but rather a FOUNDATION to build a MMA-style on to, as you gradually combine them and add techniques from other arts that you deem effective enough to add to your arsenal. You call me noob, which would normally mean you don't think I know much, or I'm stupid, etc due to me saying you doing boxing and wrestling does not make you a mma fighter if you don't use them together. You thought I was the typically teenage MMA fan boy who was on Muay Thai and BJJ's nuts albeit not knowing much about either, fair enough. I'm not so that's that.

It's all good with me, so I apologize if I made any false claims/assumptions.

Edit:

WOW you just edited your post to come off more as a douche. Learn your ****, if you don't incorporate boxing AND wrestling into your OVERALL GAME wtf are you doing? Wrestling in high school, where you can ONLY WRESTLE, and boxing in a gym/fight, WHERE YOU CAN ONLY BOX, does not make you a MMA fighter. Fighting/practicing in/for an MMA fight means you can use BOTH as you see fit.

Brock WAS NOT always an MMA fighter. Randy WAS NOT either. Please try to learn something.
                Last edited by Phenomkidd; 07-01-2009, 10:07 PM.

Comment

What doing boxing and wrestling does, is not giving you a mixed fighting style, but rather a FOUNDATION to build a MMA-style on to, as you gradually combine them and add techniques from other arts that you deem effective enough to add to your arsenal. You call me noob, which would normally mean you don't think I know much, or I'm stupid, etc due to me saying you doing boxing and wrestling does not make you a mma fighter if you don't use them together. You thought I was the typically teenage MMA fan boy who was on Muay Thai and BJJ's nuts albeit not knowing much about either, fair enough. I'm not so that's that.

It's all good with me, so I apologize if I made any false claims/assumptions.

Edit:

WOW you just edited your post to come off more as a douche. Learn your ****, if you don't incorporate boxing AND wrestling into your OVERALL GAME wtf are you doing? Wrestling in high school, where you can ONLY WRESTLE, and boxing in a gym/fight, WHERE YOU CAN ONLY BOX, does not make you a MMA fighter. Fighting/practicing in/for an MMA fight means you can use BOTH as you see fit.

Brock WAS NOT always an MMA fighter. Randy WAS NOT either. Please try to learn something.
                  ok thats your definition of mma, the synergy between two or more styles, but who are you to say that a guy such as myself who is perfectly capable of using both my stand up skills and ground skills, is not a mma when I can use both to fight in the cage?

I can throw a combination then take a shot, is that not mma? ****...I see that in UFC all the time
                  Last edited by bbos; 07-01-2009, 10:12 PM.

Comment

ok thats your definition of mma, the synergy between two or more styles, but who are you to say that a guy such as myself who is perfectly capable of using both my stand up skills and ground skills, is not a mma when I can use both to fight in the cage?
                    Because although you are indeed capable that does not make you an MMA fighter. When you begin to practice it you can be called an MMA fighter because your actively trying to learn how to be more well-rounded and become a better overall fighter. If we are to denote everyone who is capable of being an MMA fighter, then the list would grow ENORMOUSLY.

Comment

Because although you are indeed capable that does not make you an MMA fighter. When you begin to practice it you can be called an MMA fighter because your actively trying to learn how to be more well-rounded and become a better overall fighter. If we are to denote everyone who is capable of being an MMA fighter, then the list would grow ENORMOUSLY.
                      your beginning to contrict yourself you said earlier "This is why mma encompases such board catagories" and thats exactly so, one can take any combination of just two forms of combat and that would be considered MIXED martial arts,

if one is well versed in the two areas then I already consider them as mmgay, sure you can train them together and IMPROVE on whats they already know, so by your defintion a mma fighter is only considered so when he seeks to improve what he already knows...LOL semetics has no basis for argument.

again I didnt train to IMPROVE on what I already know but I can throw my conbinations then immediatly follow with a shot to take it to the ground if needed to transition to wrestling with a post, then to cradle and half nelson and pin him on his back, granted I rather remain stand up, but hey thats not mixed martial arts, its mixed fightin style right?
                      Last edited by bbos; 07-01-2009, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X