Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Backs Andy Ruiz To Beat Deontay Wilder, Become a Force at Heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Backs Andy Ruiz To Beat Deontay Wilder, Become a Force at Heavyweight

Eddie Hearn, promoter of unified heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, believes Andy Ruiz would beat Deontay Wilder. In a recent interview, Wilder named both Joshua and Ruiz as possible opponents in the near future. Ruiz shocked the sport in June 2019, when he dropped Joshua four times before the fight was stopped in the seventh round. The victory gave Ruiz the IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If Ruiz pressures Wilder and gives him no room, he can overwhelm him with his high punch volume. Ruiz just can’t get careless.

Comment

Because he beat AJ

It’s unlikely isn’t it.

Ruiz is a decent fighter but that’s as far as it goes. He’s fat, and does nothing overly well other than having very fast hands for a man as obese as he is.

Comment

Ruiz vs Wilder would be a fight I'd like to see.

Wilder has been out of the ring too long, but it's been even longer for Ruiz. Ruiz desperately needs to get another fight under his belt.

Comment

Of course Hearn would say that because he wants to minimize Joshuas embarrassing loss to Ruiz when he quit. Doubt Ruiz beats Wilder though. Wilder is a one trick pony with limited skills but I doubt Ruiz is allusive enough to avoid getting hit for 12 rounds. Doubt Joshua is either.
          Last edited by Jab jab boom; 02-19-2021, 04:03 PM.

Comment

I was hoping Ruiz would skip that Arreola fight, and fight Wilder immediately! If they're going to do that, what does Wilder do in the meantime? Charles Martin? I'm good with that! Don't even dare to make this a PPV!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Because he beat AJ

It’s unlikely isn’t it.

Ruiz is a decent fighter but that’s as far as it goes. He’s fat, and does nothing overly well other than having very fast hands for a man as obese as he is.
              Hearn always viewed Ruiz as the worst match up for A.J . Hearns views is nothing to with the the win or rematch loss

“In fact, it’s a similar fight to Jarrell Miller other than Andy has got much quicker hands and punches harder, his reach is a bit smaller but he gets on the inside faster. ‘I think the style is not great for Joshua”

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/30/eddie...fight-9352444/
              Last edited by REDEEMER; 02-19-2021, 03:28 PM.

Comment

What if Fury broke those twigs. Wilder might be lame for all we know.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  Of course Hearn would say that because he wants to minimize Joshuas embarrassing loss to Ruiz when he quit. Doubt Ruiz beats Wilder though. Wilder is a one trick pony with lol Inter skills but I doubt Ruiz is allusive enough to avoid getting hit for 12 rounds. Doubt Joshua is either.
                  You can't take anything that Hearn says seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                    Hearn always viewed Ruiz as the worst match up for A.J . Hearns views is nothing to with the the win or rematch loss

“In fact, it’s a similar fight to Jarrell Miller other than Andy has got much quicker hands and punches harder, his reach is a bit smaller but he gets on the inside faster. ‘I think the style is not great for Joshua”

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/30/eddie...fight-9352444/
                    It has everything to do with that.

You quoting him trying to sell a PPV where the guy was a 20/1 underdog doesn’t mean anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X