Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: Eddie Hearn, Get Haney a Live Body - Then We Can Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: Eddie Hearn, Get Haney a Live Body - Then We Can Fight!

Teofimo Lopez (16-0) recently went 'Live" on his verified Instagram account to interact with boxing fans about a variety of topics. It turns out that it wasn't just fans who were tuning in. Matchroom Boxing managing director Eddie Hearn also left a few comments for Lopez on a potential fight against his fighter, Devin Haney.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You cant ride on that Bumchenko win forever, Teo.

Comment

kambosa tho!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
        kambosa tho!!!!
        Not sure what the big deal is with titleholders honouring their mandatories? The sanctioning bodies decide who they are, not the champions.

Lopez has to fight his mandatory or give up title.

A fight with Haney would not then be "undisputed".

Comment

You would think Lopez is Canelo by the way he calls the shots in boxing. He's the biggest star in boxing in his head

Comment

Lopez vs Kambosos: Will Eddie Hearn bid against Top Rank on the IBF-ordered fight?

Promoter Eddie Hearn did his weekly interview on the Ak and Barak SiriusXM radio show and got right into the matter of the IBF-ordered Teofimo Lopez vs George Kambosos Jr fight.

Hearn told the hosts that he will decide whether or not to bid on the bout, and as of the that moment, he seemed inclined to do so. Hearn even joked that perhaps Devin Haney Promotions would bid on Lopez-Kambosos. “Devin would probably ask me for the money,” he cracked.

The Brit said he’s not at all keen on Lopez’s promoter Bob Arum leaning on anyone, even subtly, to try to avert them from bidding on the fight. Hearn also said Haney is ready to fight Lopez right now, if Teofimo wanted to go that route.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/2/1...xing-news-2021

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Floyd bought the fight and put it on Tank's undercard?

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
              Not sure what the big deal is with titleholders honouring their mandatories? The sanctioning bodies decide who they are, not the champions.

Lopez has to fight his mandatory or give up title.

A fight with Haney would not then be "undisputed".
              Yeah, despite what Lopez thinks, beating loma doesn’t make him a superstar. Lopez now is in a position to define his championship reign. I don’t mind at all champions defending their belts, it’s what champions have always done, now I do mind champions getting rid of titles because they feel certain fighters are too much of a risk, now that I do mind. Lopez himself needs to focus on defences right now. Defend those titles against your mandatories, get those out of the way, build some hype around his name because he is a new first time champion, get the ratings up so that 2-3m peeps are watching every time, and then pick a killer with a big name if he wants to maximise money.
              This isn’t rocket science

Comment

By the way, I don’t think Edward can get Haney big fights. I think there was far more buzz around Haney before he went to the app. His brand has suffered. The only reason hes mentioned these days is when one of the other lightweights mentions him. He and Andrade both made serious blunders signing with Edward. Their pocketbooks may have improved on the short term from when dayzin was spending itself into permanent red status but as the great BB King said, “the thrill is gone!”

Comment

So basically "Hearn keep Haney away from me"

What the hell has happened to the days of Boxers saying "BRING IT ON"? Its all fight "prove your worth" or "Cross the street" or "Fight somebody else 1st" or "you need to pay me more than I'm worth".

Once upon a time the top guys would face anybody, "I'm the best so line them up and I will knock them down".

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    By the way, I don’t think Edward can get Haney big fights. I think there was far more buzz around Haney before he went to the app. His brand has suffered. The only reason hes mentioned these days is when one of the other lightweights mentions him. He and Andrade both made serious blunders signing with Edward. Their pocketbooks may have improved on the short term from when dayzin was spending itself into permanent red status but as the great BB King said, “the thrill is gone!”
                    I wouldve swore when I first saw Haney on Shobox he would blow up into a Fox/Showtime PPV star but he went to Dazn and flattened out.

Comment

Working...
                    X