Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: Eddie Hearn, Get Haney a Live Body - Then We Can Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teofimo is playing fans for fools.

Lopez knows that none of the names are willing to risk fighting Haney and Teofimo is HIDING behind that fact. Pure and simple.

You can't get signature names if they won't give their signature.

After all the big talk, Teo's "daring to be great" seemed to have ended at Lomachenko. Teo went from don't duck me son to "let me tell you who and why I don't need to fight them." Sound familiar?

The reality is that Teofimo simply doesn't want Haney or rematch or a risk. Instead Teo is fighting no hope George for peanuts.

That said it's a good business move and I get it but hiding behind lies is not only manipulative but smacks of cowardliness.
    Last edited by factsarenice; 02-19-2021, 12:04 PM. Reason: Grammar, context

Comment

Originally posted by Cobratu View Post
      I agree with Teo.

Haney is a hype job and out of the 4 hes faced the weakest compe he needs to face a someone with a pulse but he most likely wont.
      Why? Has Teo not got a pulse? Why are Boxers telling other Boxers to fight somebody else?

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
        I hate the "who he fought" or "he gotta earn it" attitudes these guys have now and days but i agree with lopez. Haney resume is straight trash
        If youre ranked #10 and you beat #9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1...to become #1 and #15 calls you out...get in line cause you aint earned it.

There are still Garcia, Tank, Loma rematch, Shakur, Berchelt...loads of excellent fights if Haney needs to keep fighting cans.

Comment

Originally posted by #1PaperChamp View Post
          If youre ranked #10 and you beat #9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1...to become #1 and #15 calls you out...get in line cause you aint earned it.

There are still Garcia, Tank, Loma rematch, Shakur, Berchelt...loads of excellent fights if Haney needs to keep fighting cans.
          I have no idea what your on about

Comment

Teo's has no plans on fighting Haney. After this fight he will claim he's outgrown the division and move to 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Have you seen this craziness?

Gervonta Davis Announces Next Fight Won’t Be At 130 Or 135

BOXING NEWS 24

By Sean Jones: Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis has revealed that his next fight will be for a world title but not at 130 or 135. With Tank not fighting in either of those weight divisions, it’s believed that he’s be moving down to 126 to challenge WBC featherweight champion Gary Russell Jr (31-1, 18 KOs) for his title.

Tank (24-0, 23 KOs) began his career at 126 in 2013, but he quickly moved up to 130 in 2015. After six years, it might be a little difficult for the 26-year-old Davis to return.

When asked if his next fight will be at 130 or 135, Tank said, “Neither.” Tank then said, “He’s a world champion,” upon being asked for a hint about his next foe.

Of course, we don’t know for certain that Tank will be moving down to 126, but that makes a lot more sense than it does for him to be moving up to 140 to challenge for a title. The only champion that Tank could challenge at 140 is WBA ‘regular’ belt-holder Mario Barrios. Fighting him would do nothing for Tank, as he’s not well known and not viewed in the same light as the other two champions Jose Ramirez and Josh Taylor. Those guys are fighting each other next, so there’s no possibility of Davis fighting either of them.

At featherweight, the only fighter that Tank would likely face is Gary Russell Jr. He’s the longest reigning champion at 126 and the best known. The other champions at featherweight are Can Xu [WBA regular], Leo Santa Cruz [WBA Super], and Emanuel Navarrete [WBO].

Davis just knocked out Santa Cruz in his last fight, so he’s not an option, and Navarrete is with Top Rank. Tank isn’t going to fight him.

Russell Jr isn’t a popular fighter, but he’s arguably superior to Yuriorkis Gamboa in terms of name recognition. It’s a fight that would garner a certain amount of attention from the hardcore boxing fans familiar with Russell Jr., But the casuals won’t take notice of this fight, and Tank might be wasting his time.

Tank doesn’t have many great choices for fights at 135 despite the division being a popular one right now. He was hoping to get a fight against Ryan Garcia until he backed out, thinking he would get a fight against Manny Pacquiao next.

Now that it appears the Pacquiao fight isn’t happening, Ryan isn’t expected to face Tank. The other Four Kings, Devin Haney and Tefoimo Lopez, haven’t shown interest in fighting Tank.

Showtime will be interested in having Tank fight Russell Jr on their network, but it’s not a pay-per-view-worthy fight. If Tank’s promoters at Mayweather Promotions choose to make the match against Russell Jr on PPV, it’ll be lucky if it brings in 50,000 buys. It’s not a sellable fight.

Russell Jr has picked up a reputation for fighting rarely once a year, which is another reason why he’s failed to become a popular champion. In Russell’s last three fights, he’s beaten Tugstsogt Nyambayar, Kiko Martinez, and Joseph Diaz Jr.

Tank Davis is coming off of a spectacular sixth-round knockout of Leo Santa Cruz last October.

https://www.************.com/2021/02...at-130-or-135/

I already liked this fight @ 130, but if Tank tries to go down to 126, to take GRJ's strap, that would be amazing!
              You had me at hello, a great fight that I would happily pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                Lopez knows that none of the names are willing to risk fighting Haney and Teofimo is hiding behind behind it. Pure and simple.

You can't get signature names if they won't give their signature.

BTW, no sanctioning body will penalize Teofimo for a unification with Haney. In reality, Teofimo doesn't want Haney or rematch or a risk.
                Fortuna is willing able and ready for whenever Haney wants it. The question is, does Haney. I'm tired of fighters not paying their dues in order to get a large payday, Lopez paid by beating Loma, Garcia paid by beating Campbell, now it's time for Haney to pay by beating Fortuna before he gets the big money shot. It's really that simple, you don't get a big payday by getting a 12 round decision over a blown up 40 year old featherweight. At this point guys like Linares, Fortuna, Commey, ect ect deserve a big time shot, why? Because they have paid their dues. Period. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by boogbx View Post
                  It says Haney could fight Linares April 17th.

Linares has hinted to a big fight.

I favor Linares over Tank, Haney and Purse.

War Linares! War Venezuela! War 7 estrellas!
                  Linares has always been an overrated bum who only beat euro level fighters

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                    You had me at hello, a great fight that I would happily pay for.
                    At 130, I think it's 50/50 fight. At 126, I think GRJ beats Tank! Tank will starve trying to make 126!

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                      You cant ride on that Bumchenko win forever, Teo.
                      another ego maniac in love with himself will fight a bum once every 2 years

Comment

Working...
                      X