Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: Eddie Hearn, Get Haney a Live Body - Then We Can Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
    kambosa tho!!!!
    Teofimo Lopez prepared to move forward if Top Rank 'can't meet the terms' for fight

Unified lightweight titleholder Teofimo Lopez isn't shying away from the business of boxing.

In an interview Saturday night on ESPN, Lopez addressed a report about a contract dispute between himself and Top Rank Promotions for a future fight against mandatory challenger George Kambosos.

Lopez is looking for more than the guaranteed purse of $1.25 million to defend his IBF belt in the 135-pound division. He said he is prepared to face Kambosos in a fight not promoted by Top Rank, if the price is right.

"I'm looking forward, and I'm moving forward," Lopez told ESPN's Mark Kriegel. "If you can't meet the terms, then like I said, I'm taking my talents somewhere else."

According to a report by The Athletic, Top Rank is not willing to pay more than $1.25 million for a fight against Kambosos (19-0, 10 KOs). The IBF has scheduled a purse bid on Thursday that gives the bid's winner the right to promote the fight. It puts the onus on ESPN to produce the rest of the money for Lopez's purse. In 2018, Top Rank signed a seven-year contract with ESPN to produce fights for the network.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...et-terms-fight

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      By the way, I don’t think Edward can get Haney big fights. I think there was far more buzz around Haney before he went to the app. His brand has suffered. The only reason hes mentioned these days is when one of the other lightweights mentions him. He and Andrade both made serious blunders signing with Edward. Their pocketbooks may have improved on the short term from when dayzin was spending itself into permanent red status but as the great BB King said, “the thrill is gone!”
      So Haney is high risk for low reward? So the other guys are scared? Don't fancy their chances?

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
        I wouldve swore when I first saw Haney on Shobox he would blow up into a Fox/Showtime PPV star but he went to Dazn and flattened out.
        I thought he was a superstar in the making, especially since he had already become a wealthy man without a meaningful fight. I remember him being covered on TMZ and such, dating celebs, it’s all fizzled out. He needs to sign with either pbc or top rank or just promote himself and be a free agent like Canelo and float to where the big fights are because his career is now in dead space

Comment

Lopez isn't stupid, he's saying these things because he knows Haney is a tough opponent, not easy to beat. He has the WBC belt, why not unify with him.

Oh for the good old days when the best fought the best; this era is more like the era of make as much money as possible and avoid fighting the best, to become the best.

Comment

As much as I like Teo, who the f uck is even “worthy” of facing this almighty god at this point? It’s gotten ridiculous.

Comment

This makes sense, it's the obvious thing to do. It will legitimatise Haney. It will hype up the Lopez-Haney fight and produce a true undisputed champion. I'm pretty confident it will happen.
              Last edited by Apollo7; 02-19-2021, 10:09 AM.

Comment

I hate the "who he fought" or "he gotta earn it" attitudes these guys have now and days but i agree with lopez. Haney resume is straight trash

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  By the way, I don’t think Edward can get Haney big fights. I think there was far more buzz around Haney before he went to the app. His brand has suffered. The only reason hes mentioned these days is when one of the other lightweights mentions him. He and Andrade both made serious blunders signing with Edward. Their pocketbooks may have improved on the short term from when dayzin was spending itself into permanent red status but as the great BB King said, “the thrill is gone!”
                  Add Mikey Garcia, Tevin Farmer, and Michael Hunter to that list!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    Add Mikey Garcia, Tevin Farmer, and Michael Hunter to that list!
                    and Bivol.

Comment

It says Haney could fight Linares April 17th.

Linares has hinted to a big fight.

I favor Linares over Tank, Haney and Purse.

War Linares! War Venezuela! War 7 estrellas!

Comment

Working...
                      X