Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whos the absolute highest ceiling prospect in boxing?Berlanga,Teo/Ortiz/Boots/etc?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whos the absolute highest ceiling prospect in boxing?Berlanga,Teo/Ortiz/Boots/etc?.

I was going to make a thread about Berlanga but decided to instead ask this question that should be on most fans mind because boxings in a transition phase right now where new stars have been born for 1st time since previous transition phase in boxing where the sport is flush with new young prodigies.

More vids to come......
    Teo
    15.38%
    Boots
    46.15%
    Ortiz
    19.23%
    Berlanga
    0.00%
    Haney
    3.85%
    Bud the 34 yr old ww prospect(serious choice?)
    7.69%
    Other
    7.69%

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]
    Last edited by kushking; 02-12-2021, 11:25 PM.

Comment

My selection is based on the ones you have up there.

The problem is...you look at Teo, right and it's clear he's talented, he proved it against Loma. Overrated, yes. Makes tons of mistakes, yes. But he has talent. So I don't think he'll get any worse or decline in the near future unless his divaness continues.

Haney will continue to rise easily. I think he's pushing 4 out of 10 cylinders right now. He's got decent names and skill is not in question. It's his promoter holding him back.

Ennis? Berlanga? Problem is we don't know enough to be able to determine, because neither guy has fought any true test.

Crawford has been Bambi'd on more than one occasion, outjabbed on more than one occasion, damn near taken the distance by a cripple, and hasn't achieved hardly anything at 147 while his own trainer bashes every opponent they end up facing - meanwhile he demands 60% split against a two-belt holder who has toppled four Top 5 welterweights, one of them fresh off a major car crash, two of them previously undefeated at 147. The fight against Kavaliauskas should have told people that Crawford is likely peaked.

And I say that as someone who watched him at 135. He was brilliant back then. But that was a long time ago.

Comment

Berlanga might be all that too but I think Ortiz is the better bet to rise to the top.

Comment

Who else did I miss that is young & looks great?

(Believe it or not at 1 point I was impressed by Celdon the Hebrew hammers style(his power mainly which he later he went on to get popped for roids which explains it),so its fun to guess who will become great & who doesn't & who becomes Celdin the roid

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
            Who else did I miss that is young & looks great?

(Believe it or not at 1 point I was impressed by Celdon the Hebrew hammers style(his power mainly which he later he went on to get popped for roids which explains it),so its fun to guess who will become great & who doesn't & who becomes Celdin the roid
            I think you need to clarify the question then.

When you say "ceiling" you're saying they won't get any better.

So are you asking: Who has most likely hit or nearly hit that ceiling (aka it's a matter of time before they get exposed)?

Or are you saying who's ceiling is the furthest away (aka they've got decades of success yet to come)?

Because you gave a video of Berlanga...who is currently a bumsnatcher. So I assumed you meant the first definition.

Comment

Im going with Ennis.
              Ennis just in his last 2 fights was well in the way to score a knock out had it not been for a clash of heads.

Jarron reminds me of a RJJ and if hes half as good as Roy then hes going places.

edit- He tko a guy withno losses and no knock downs last year.
              Last edited by BLASTER1; 02-13-2021, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                I think you need to clarify the question then.

When you say "ceiling" you're saying they won't get any better.

So are you asking: Who has most likely hit or nearly hit that ceiling (aka it's a matter of time before they get exposed)?

Or are you saying who's ceiling is the furthest away (aka they've got decades of success yet to come)?

Because you gave a video of Berlanga...who is currently a bumsnatcher. So I assumed you meant the first definition.
                I mean who looks like they will retire accomplishing the most(who looks like they will end up being hofer over others).(I added Bud in there because he qualifies to me as a prospect at ww still) I mainly tried to include those who are still considered prospects still,Teo Because hes very young & a prodigy

But basically it boils down to,which of them do you see as future greatness, Crawford was halfway tongue in cheek
                Last edited by kushking; 02-13-2021, 12:24 AM.

Comment

David Morrell Jr. ! Really hope the Ryder fight happens for him that would be a very good test for him this early in his pro career. Was a excellent amateur and it is rare a Cuban Stand Out is able to Defect as young as Morrell Jr. Usually they come over much later

Jared Anderson! Top Rank doing a great job building him up and keeping him extremely active but of course he has a long way to go but has a very high ceiling

Comment

I forgot to add Benevidez too,& Fulton & Aleem

Comment

Working...
                    X