No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury and Joshua Still To Agree Whose Name Comes First

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury and Joshua Still To Agree Whose Name Comes First

Things may be progressing smoothly towards an undisputed heavyweight title fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua, but it has still not been agreed as to who will have their name first on the poster. Contracts for the fight have been sent by Eddie Hearn, Joshua's promoter, to Fury's promoters, Bob Arum and Frank Warren, and returned with alterations. But even though the deal seems to be straightforward, whether the fight will be officially #FuryJoshua or #JoshuaFury has not yet been agreed.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Joshua's name because of more belts probably? I think Fury wins too.

Comment

As long as Fury doesn't ask for that photo of Hearn's that Eubank wanted all should be fine

Comment

If we’re going based on who’s better, been around longer, is ranked higher and has the better wins, its fury. If we’re going based on who has more meaningless titles and a weirdo groupie fan base , it’s Joshua.

Comment

"Fury–Joshua" rolls better, but swap it around for entrances and it's all good.

Comment

How is this even a debating point? As much as Fury is recognised as the favourite, AJ is by far the bigger commercial draw, has the more recognisable name and has the most belts. Am I actually missing something here?

Comment

I would think Fury, he's the more accomplished of the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                If were going based on whos better, been around longer, is ranked higher and has the better wins, its fury. If were going based on who has more meaningless titles and a weirdo groupie fan base , its Joshua.
                Such an idiotic comment. Ranking has never determined the fight billing, it has always been largely based on whose the champion, but ultimately whose the bigger draw (Canelo-ggg being case in point). You cant call the belts meaningless when it suits you - the entire promotion and marketing of this fight is its for undisputed.

Comment

Privilege would dictate that Fury comes first

Comment

If I were Fury, I'd make it crystal clear that Joshua could have his name first as well as enter the ring last as long as the fight purse was strictly winner take all. And I'd stand by that 100%. Either it's winner take all, or there's no fight. Then let's see what Joshua wants. I'm betting that Joshua would be much more reasonable in negotiating from that point onward.

Comment

Working...
                    X