Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fulton: I Underestimated COVID-19; Having It Changed Mindset About Lot Of Things

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1PaperChamp View Post
    There is definitely media sensationalization but part of that is because WE DONT KNOW the long-term effects.

There are ~25 MILLION confirmed US cases and speculatively another ~25-50 MILLION of asymptomatic cases. Thats anywhere from ~50-75 MILLION Americans or roughly 1 in 7 or 1 in 5 people with COVID-19.

Homie if the long-term prognosis means you die...well, thats bad. 20% of population will rapidly get sick and die. Its unlikely for that to be the case but its possible. The more likely scenario is what we're seeing and that is:

~1% of people who GET Covid will die. Most often these are older or sick people but its also happened to young and healthy folk.

Most people that have had Covid and recovered arent demonstrating significant long-term side effects

***HOWEVER we are only 1 year out. We dont even know the 5 or 10 year scene.

Again I'm not trying to echo the Media but i work in healthcare and am trying to share some of the concerns from medicine behind the scenes. It is likely that its NOT A BIG DEAL and perhaps will wind up being similar to seasonal influenza but we dont know that yet. So better safe than sorry...
    That's called fearmongering. We also don't know what will happen long-term if you eat the new Popeye's chicken sandwich a few times.

On a serious note, we have no idea the long-term ramifications of the vaccine either. But you seem to trust that?

If Covid is so debilitating long-term, what can we do? It is here and going to spread. Stop living in such fear and turn off the media and whoever is pushing that garbage. If you feel it is so damaging long-term and are worried, then you can make the personal decisions to limit your exposure.

Let other people make their own choices. That's fair right?

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndroundko View Post
      he has already spoken about what he went through and how he sick he felt
      So he basically had the flu? Those were his symptoms. We need to stop the world for that? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
        So he basically had the flu? Those were his symptoms. We need to stop the world for that? Lol
        not sure what you’re talking about but he discussed his symptoms and how it took him a month to recover.

Comment

My liberty means that you, or any elected official, do not get to tell me when and where I need to wear a mask, etc. If a private business wants to make that decision, that is their right. But a gov't should have no say as to what a private citizen does, if the actions of that individual do not infringe upon the rights of others.

Your assertion that I need to wear a mask, etc, to not infringe on YOUR rights, is ridiculous. You must be fu.cking kidding me with that logic. If that logic holds, then everyone needs to be tested everyday before they drive their vehicle - breathalyzer, vision test, IQ test etc. We can't take any chances that a 'sick' person could put my or anyone else's life in jeopardy.

Get out of here with that terrible logic. If would be funny if it wasn't so scary that people actually think like that.
          Are you slow? I didn't assert anything. I'm not telling you what you should do. I personally don't give a fuck if you wear a mask or indeed if you wish to test the extent of your 'inalienable right' to run around butt naked. All I was telling you is that your society has the right to make laws - and laws of their nature lay out the limits of your freedoms. If you choose to ignore em society then has a right to punish you accordingly. If the law where you are says that you need to do something you don't want to do - like wear a mask - then you have the choice to either obey or disobey.

Woulda thought a clever boy like you would have understood that.

Don't come crying to me man cos you're unhappy about how society works. If you feel oppressed you want to be writing a strongly worded letter to your elected representative or try litigation... or I guess you could go and storm some government buildings or something.

https://theconversation.com/the-cons...andates-142335

It does seem fairly clear that the POTUS does not have the legal power to enforce a National mandate of course, outside of Federal premises and some other locations but it's well established precedent under constitutional law that yes, in certain conditions States and Municipalities have the right to make and enforce reasonable mandates in the interest of public safety.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/28/88431...=1611318468835

You one of those entitled cunts that sees citizenship (of any society, not just the US) only in terms of the rights it grants you rather than the responsibilities it entails towards others 10:13? I'm getting the idea that such thoughts don't really enter your head, do they?
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-22-2021, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
            Are you slow? I didn't assert anything. I'm not telling you what you should do. I personally don't give a fuck if you wear a mask or indeed if you wish to test the extent of your 'inalienable right' to run around butt naked. All I was telling you is that your society has the right to make laws - and laws of their nature lay out the limits of your freedoms. If you choose to ignore em society then has a right to punish you accordingly. If the law where you are says that you need to do something you don't want to do - like wear a mask - then you have the choice to either obey or disobey.

Woulda thought a clever boy like you would have understood that.

Don't come crying to me man cos you're unhappy about how society works. If you feel oppressed you want to be writing a strongly worded letter to your elected representative or try litigation... or I guess you could go and storm some government buildings or something.

https://theconversation.com/the-cons...andates-142335

It does seem fairly clear that the POTUS does not have the legal power to enforce a National mandate of course, outside of Federal premises and some other locations but it's well established precedent under constitutional law that yes, in certain conditions States and Municipalities have the right to make and enforce reasonable mandates in the interest of public safety.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/28/88431...=1611318468835

You one of those entitled cunts that sees citizenship (of any society, not just the US) only in terms of the rights it grants you rather than the responsibilities it entails towards others 10:13? I'm getting the idea that such thoughts don't really enter your head, do they?
            Looks like I touched a nerve with the commie

Comment

Looks like I touched a nerve with the commie
              Really, that's what you took from that?

Point is that your initial point about 'liberty restrictions' was wrong and childish and betrayed a fundamental lack of understanding about the nature of civic responsibility. You want to take that on board it's up to you, man.

No skin offa my nose.
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-22-2021, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Really, that's what you took from that?

Point is that you're initial point about 'liberty restrictions' was wrong and childish and betrayed a fundamental lack of understanding about the nature of civic responsibility. You want to take that on board it's up to you, man.

No skin offa my nose.
                I already explained to you how wrong you were man. I don't have time to continually teach basic logic and civics lessons to commies though.

Comment

I already explained to you how wrong you were man. I don't have time to continually teach basic logic and civics lessons to commies though.
                  Ah well, I tried I guess. Good luck with the lawbreaking, cowboy...

Proverbs 10:13
                  Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-22-2021, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Ah well, I tried I guess. Good luck with the lawbreaking, cowboy...

Proverbs 10:13
                    Maybe English isn't your first language? I don't think your reading comprehension is very good.

Comment

Maybe English isn't your first language? I don't think your reading comprehension is very good.
                      So you'll adhere to mask mandates if and when they are brought into force? And I thought you was a badass...

Comment

Working...
                      X