Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward: I Am Cautiously Optimistic We're Gonna See Spence-Crawford In Late 2021

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish i could be as optimistic, but Spence's comments/ behavior makes me think he doesn't want to risk loosing a bigger payday against Canelo or Manny.

Spence give the impression that he knows Cawford beats him.

He's in full Keith Thurman mode right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      I think Ward is right, late 2021, after Crawford leaves Top Rank! In the meantime, let's get Crawford vs. Porter! Get off that $1 Million dollar offer to Porter and make it realistic!
      I’m curious to know if Porter came back with a counter-offer. That would be an unofficial start to negotiations and it would put the ball squarely back in Top Rank’s court

Comment

It's a sad day for boxing when the prospect of making one of its biggest fights is merely, "cautiously optimistic".

Comment

I don't get Arums reasoning for not getting that fight for his fighter.. that is the question. So he'd just rather lose out on money letting crawford leave to get the fights on his own? Like he doesn't want to make money matching bud with the PBC guys? That doesn't strike anyone as fishy? How does that contract look? It's like bob doesn't want crawford knowing his worth

Comment

Originally posted by whollisboxing View Post
            I’m curious to know if Porter came back with a counter-offer. That would be an unofficial start to negotiations and it would put the ball squarely back in Top Rank’s court
            I doubt it! He was pretty pissed! Don't try to put this on Porter though! A $1 million dollar offer is not a starting point, but a slap in the face! The person who needs to speak up, and protect the reputation of his "friend," is Terence Crawford!

Comment

These men in here defending their man crushes is so cute .......I bet you guys I can take your woman away fro you, that is if you got a woman......Look you h()m()s, you need to start pressing your man crush to fight the best out there and don't worry about your man crushes money or health....pressure his a$$ to get out their and fight.......I just wanna see blood and violence!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Catch n shoot View Post
                I don't get Arums reasoning for not getting that fight for his fighter.. that is the question. So he'd just rather lose out on money letting crawford leave to get the fights on his own? Like he doesn't want to make money matching bud with the PBC guys? That doesn't strike anyone as fishy? How does that contract look? It's like bob doesn't want crawford knowing his worth
                Arum and Crawford want Spence. Spence and PBC dont want Crawford

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I doubt it! He was pretty pissed! Don't try to put this on Porter though! A $1 million dollar offer is not a starting point, but a slap in the face! The person who needs to speak up, and protect the reputation of his "friend," is Terence Crawford!
                  I'm not assigning blame to either side. I know that Porter balked at the initial offer (or slap in the face) but I'm curious to know if he has an acceptable number in mind. And if so, did he make it known to Bob Arum.

I don't really follow who makes what but I fully support fighters negotiating to get what they feel they are worth.

Comment

Originally posted by #1PaperChamp View Post
                    Arum and Crawford want Spence. Spence and PBC dont want Crawford
                    Idk dude.. I'm relying on Arums reluctance to work with haymon for my reasonings. He almost blocked the biggest blockbuster fight of all time from happening.. crawford spence isn't even close to that. If Bob isn't willing to make it happen for bud, bud stands to make more without Arum getting his greasy fingers on buds money

Comment

There's no question that Crawford/Spence will happen and get it on; Once he leaves Bob Arum when his contract is up with Top Rank in the Fall of this year of 2021 and sign with the PBC.

Comment

Working...
                      X