Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko's Coach: Joshua Must Be Physical With Fury, Avoid Style Used For Ruiz, Pulev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dariusz View Post
    85% Fury 15% Joshua, but the best thing is that HW will have all these belts in one hand at last.
    Only for about a week though lol if the fight goes ahead for all four belts then that means Usyk would have taken a hefty payout to step aside. AJ vs. Fury will have a two-way rematch clause and Usyk won't step aside (for the fourth time, might I add) to allow the rematch to take place. So the winner will either vacate or be stripped.

Comment

Originally posted by JTfloyd View Post
      Joshua couldn't physically keep a shorter, overweight Ruiz off of him (he outboxed the morbidly obese version), and if Fury plans on manhandling him the way he did Wilder, it's going to get just as brutal.
      Wilder is a weak heavyweight. Me nan could throw him round a ring. AJ, on the other hand, is a unit. Fury won't be ragdolling AJ like he did Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Squared.Circle View Post
        Only for about a week though lol if the fight goes ahead for all four belts then that means Usyk would have taken a hefty payout to step aside. AJ vs. Fury will have a two-way rematch clause and Usyk won't step aside (for the fourth time, might I add) to allow the rematch to take place. So the winner will either vacate or be stripped.
        AJ will be a two time undisputed champion ,he will defeat Fury and then become one again after he defeats Usyk . If that is the case .

Being recognized as undisputed doesn’t require all the belts it’s who has won all of them ,no, otherwise being undisputed is illogical ,holding all the belts is not realistic ,a week a month a year if lucky .

Comment

Joshua couldn't physically keep a shorter, overweight Ruiz off of him (he outboxed the morbidly obese version), and if Fury plans on manhandling him the way he did Wilder, it's going to get just as brutal.
          I disagree a bit here, Fury isn't as effective at close range as Ruiz is, he did smother Wilder up close but all of his damaging shots including the knockdowns came from outside the pocket.

Joshua is the superior combination puncher at close range to Fury or Wilder

Also Joshua is physically stronger than Wilder.

I do think Fury could have some good strategy by leaning on AJ inside and having a wrestling match because that'll drain AJ's stamina a lot quicker than Fury's but if the start exchanging punches on the inside personally I think Joshua has the edge there. If I was Fury I'd aim to box from the outside and if AJ ever gets up close grab him and lean all over him.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
            AJ will be a two time undisputed champion ,he will defeat Fury and then become one again after he defeats Usyk . If that is the case .

Being recognized as undisputed doesn’t require all the belts it’s who has won all of them ,no, otherwise being undisputed is illogical ,holding all the belts is not realistic ,a week a month a year if lucky .
            Undisputed literally means holding all the major titles; you hold them all, then the world champion status can't be disputed. If the fight is for all four titles and the winner vacates or is stripped, then as soon as the vacant WBO has an owner, the world champion status can (however illogical) be disputed. Obviously the winner, regardless of titles held or any other boxer winning a vacant title, will be the number one heavyweight by consensus (lineal, if you like). But not undisputed.

The undisputed status is just a fun notch to have on one's belt anyway. It wouldn't matter if both AJ and Fury vacated all their titles and Mike Tyson came back and won them all, the winner of AJ vs. Fury would still be the universally recognised top dog, which is what really counts.

Comment

Fury is a 275 lb. dirty fighting gypsy who was raised by folks who settle beefs through bareknuckle brawls and wrestling in the mud. If there's one thing he knows how to do, it's being rough and physical.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                I disagree a bit here, Fury isn't as effective at close range as Ruiz is, he did smother Wilder up close but all of his damaging shots including the knockdowns came from outside the pocket.

Joshua is the superior combination puncher at close range to Fury or Wilder

Also Joshua is physically stronger than Wilder.

I do think Fury could have some good strategy by leaning on AJ inside and having a wrestling match because that'll drain AJ's stamina a lot quicker than Fury's but if the start exchanging punches on the inside personally I think Joshua has the edge there. If I was Fury I'd aim to box from the outside and if AJ ever gets up close grab him and lean all over him.
                Completely agree. That's the only way I can see AJ winning; causing some lasting damage with combinations on the inside to wear Fury down and catch him with a peach of a punch to put him on the canvas. People say "Wilder couldn't knock Fury out so AJ won't be able to"...Wilder isn't a heavy puncher. He generates power in single punches. AJ has heavy hands and has the ability to cause damage with every punch, and let's have it right, he's far more technically able the Wilder.

As much as I want AJ to win, I just don't think he will (wouldn't be all that surprised if he did though). I think Fury will box smart at range, tie AJ up when he gets close and lean on him to sap some energy.

Fury by a close majority or split decision, or even a late round stoppage if he can sap enough of AJ's energy.

Comment

Originally posted by SN!PER View Post
                  Fury is a 275 lb. dirty fighting gypsy who was raised by folks who settle beefs through bareknuckle brawls and wrestling in the mud. If there's one thing he knows how to do, it's being rough and physical.
                  That's easier to do against guys that are 6'3/4, or are weak and have skinny legs like Wilder. Will he be able to bully a 6'6, 240lb unit around the ring? Not so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by miniq View Post
                    Fury:

Stamina
                    Size
                    Reach
                    Skill
                    IQ
                    Heart
                    Footwork
                    Defence

AJ:

Power

AJ is getting a worse beating than Wilder.

He might as well run at Fury for 3 rounds and throw the kitchen sink at him. He will blow out though and become a vunerable child like Wilder did.

You've only got to witness 7 glorious rounds of Kronk Fury. Hopefully, AJ lets us have at least another 6. They should stick Ruiz in there to fight Fury in between rounds for fun.

Fury is literally the first of his kind. Bear witness and admire it whilst it is here folks. Never again will you see a man of Fury's attributes given his size enter a boxing ring.
                    But Joshua can box. He might be of a lesser level than Fury in those areas but power makes up for a lot. Just look at Wilder. So limited, but power solves a lot of problems.

Comment

Well that's just nonsense.

Of course he could keep him off him. That wasn't the issue. The issue was when Joshua went after Ruiz.

Or do you not know what 'keep him off him' means?

Comment

Working...
                      X