Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko on Loss To Lopez: Nothing Honest About The Judging, It's About Being Bribed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you see pathetic scores like that, why wouldn't you think the bribe was in.

Did he lose, very possible AT 7-5, could it have been 6-6 sure, could he have won it 7-5, maybe but not likely. I had it 6-6 or 7-5 Lopez at best, but the end score is what makes boxing so bad. And who cares if he said it, he's the one putting his life on the line. To see horrible scores like that doesn't make it worth it for people to care for boxing anymore, fighters and fans. This is just another reason why boxing is losing. (A pandemic with nothing to do or watch and no other sports, and boxing still couldn't bring in viewers says a lot)

Comment

Not a good look for Loma. Sounding like juanma

Comment

I feel like he's right and wrong.

I wouldn't trust Arum as far as I could throw him. And the scores were wide. Loma didn't really do much the whole fight, but consider perhaps what cards Canelo, Floyd etc would have gotten in a fight like that. They probably would have miraculously found a way to win on the official cards, let's be real.

I feel like at best I could give him about 5 rounds though. To expect any more than that after his performance is silly. IIRC Lopez was up 6-1 pretty easily.

He isn't wrong to question Arum or the judges though. I wouldn't trust Arum at all, and we all know how he is. And we know how judges are in some big fights - bought and paid off.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
          I feel like he's right and wrong.

I wouldn't trust Arum as far as I could throw him. And the scores were wide. Loma didn't really do much the whole fight, but consider perhaps what cards Canelo, Floyd etc would have gotten in a fight like that. They probably would have miraculously found a way to win on the official cards, let's be real.

I feel like at best I could give him about 5 rounds though. To expect any more than that after his performance is silly. IIRC Lopez was up 6-1 pretty easily.

He isn't wrong to question Arum or the judges though. I wouldn't trust Arum at all, and we all know how he is. And we know how judges are in some big fights - bought and paid off.
          Wanna know the funny part of this? After the fight, Teofimo and his dad were going on about how TR members looked so disappointed and sad that Lomachenko lost. Basically both sides are questioning Arum and TR, but as for the excuses? I mean this is what fighters do. Rarely does a great fighter or elite fighter lose gracefully. There had to have been SOMETHING for them to lose or not perform to their best capabilities. I don't read too much into it or care much for it. Whatever helps them sleep better at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Why can't anybody take an L anymore?
            I scored the fight 7-5 Loma but would have accepted a draw as well. I don't see what's wrong with what Loma said. The scorecards were ridiculous.

Comment

yeah lopez bribed them with right hands to your face and body.

"if i hit him more cleanly and effectively than he hits me you have to give me the round. consider this a bribe."

Comment

funny stuff, loma saw ward rob kov of his titles, saw canelo get a gift v ggg and now he feels he got the treatment and was discarded by arum in favour of a new more popular guy, oh well at least hes pretty wealthy, especially for an east euro

Comment

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko on Loss To Lopez: Nothing Honest About The Judging, It's About Being Bribed

Vasiliy Lomachenko still refuses to accept the second loss of his professional career. The former three-division titlist found time to take issue with a number of factors two months after his 12-round unanimous decision defeat to Teofimo Lopez. Their World lightweight championship clash-which aired live on ESPN from The Bubble at MGM Grand in Las Vegas-saw Brooklyn's Lopez (16-0, 12KOs) jump out of a big lead in the first half, with Lomachenko playing catchup over the final six rounds but still falling well short in the end.
                  [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Why, he could run for office is America with that attitude

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      Wanna know the funny part of this? After the fight, Teofimo and his dad were going on about how TR members looked so disappointed and sad that Lomachenko lost. Basically both sides are questioning Arum and TR, but as for the excuses? I mean this is what fighters do. Rarely does a great fighter or elite fighter lose gracefully. There had to have been SOMETHING for them to lose or not perform to their best capabilities. I don't read too much into it or care much for it. Whatever helps them sleep better at night.
                      Oddly enough, both sides could be correct. Maybe the rank and file at TR liked Loma better and were sad to see him get somewhat shown up, not just lose. And maybe the big time people, or just Bob, knew they needed to get a Teo win here as he seems to be a better star prospect going forward.

I completely agree on the 'excuses' thing in general - as you say, if you don't have some kind of 'excuse', you are basically just admitting you can't beat that guy.

I do think though that the 'inward' looking excuses - 'I should have done more, I should have moved more, should have neutralized this, etc' are much better than external excuses - blaming judges, refs, opponent cheating etc.

At the end of the day, you have to expect yourself to overcome the obstacles, and not use those obstacles as a scape goat when you lose. It becomes all too easy to do that.

I don't love Loma's answers for that reason. His first response should be about how he didn't do anything in the first half of that fight. He can complain about the cards and all that if he wants, but he shouldn't be thinking he deserved a result there.

I certainly didn't see it anyway. I'd feel like I was cheating if I gave him 6 rounds.. where were they?

Comment

Working...
                      X