No announcement yet.

Perception v reality,revision v nostalgia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perception v reality,revision v nostalgia

Ever notice that the reality doesn't add up to the cliche boxing tropes?

Hagler Hearns Rd 1 is known as "the round" & its thought of as the epitome of "what boxing stands for","warriors who really fought unlike today",& "although not truly competitive the greatest fight for the 3 rds it lasted. "

And then fast forward to the current era to Canelo vs Kirkland & the same ppl saying all those tropes are now saying how Kirkland was a cherrypick (BS) & then those same ppl say Canelos opponents like Jacobs or Kovalev fought like cowards & that those fights were boring,& they never mention that Kirkland showed what a true Mandingo warrior he truly is & displayed what amazing courage & heart he had while being willing to leave it all on the line even if he died in the ring.

Instead ppl sht all over Kirkland to hate on gingers,& if you read the comments section of the fight you'll see that countless casuals say the exact opposite because they have no dog in that fight & realize the amazing spectacular fight it was while it lasted.

Rather than fans wanting to see fights like that where Canelo literally outwilled & outskilled the bigger man,they instead pine for so called super fights like Loma v Rigo or may v pac or countless others that end up being completely boring duds,& still these fans that complain about boring fights constantly,they still sht on fights like Canelo v Kirkland but cry when Canelos superfight opponents end up looking wack.

I will post both fights for reference to compare & prove my point.
    Last edited by kushking; 11-26-2020, 08:37 PM.

Last edited by kushking; 11-26-2020, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Loma got schooled by a green fighter now his fans are claiming he was washed and injured and always too small for 135

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
        Loma got schooled by a green fighter now his fans are claiming he was washed and injured and always too small for 135
        Thats a separate issue entirely,(I agree they're lame & I predicted they'd do that when I constantly said to them Teo would win & was laughed at for it)

Comment

Maybe someone can answer me this: What makes Hagler Hearns the greatest war & in the same context why isn't Kirkland V Canelo a classic war between 2 warriors throwing bombs? IOW why is Canelo Kirkland not thought of as a helluva entertaining fight while it lasted?

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
            Maybe someone can answer me this: What makes Hagler Hearns the greatest war & in the same context why isn't Kirkland V Canelo a classic war between 2 warriors throwing bombs? IOW why is Canelo Kirkland not thought of as a helluva entertaining fight while it lasted?
            Hagler and Hearns are better than Kirkland and Canelo.

And I didn’t see anyone call Canelo Kirkland a boring fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
              Hagler and Hearns are better than Kirkland and Canelo.

And I didn’t see anyone call Canelo Kirkland a boring fight.
              I am asking about these 2 fights,whether or not you're correct in your appraisal of the 4 fighters is not what this is about. I specifically mention that I see countless ppl on this site alone shtting on Canelo v Kirkland or on Kirkland directly like all canelo opponents that didn't win despite those same ppl saying beforehand hed win.(if you know who Dan Ambrose or countless other die hard Canelo haters are jn media or forums or social media, you'd know what I mean)

I constantly hear that somehow Kirkland was a cherrypick because he fired Anne Wolf(they even create conspiracies as usual saying Canelo must've been at fault for Kirkland firing Anne,the irony is Kirkland was a beast & showed amazing heart that night)
              Last edited by kushking; 11-26-2020, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Is it a shock that the big fights are bigger?

An epic Fury v Joshua would be remembered as a classic. An epic between two low ranked heavies wouldn't compare.

Why? Well Fury and Joshua are at the top level of the division.

Comment

Working...
                X