Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come Mayweather did not fight either Hopkins or Ward when they called him out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    He called out Winky too, until Winky called his bluff. Martinez offered to come down to 150, and GGG 154, crickets.
    I swear, GGG fans criticizing Mayweather for not fighting him are the weirdest. No self awareness whatsoever

Comment

Always found it weird that Ward never really got too criticized for calling out Floyd.

Comment

Duran and Leonard started out as lightweights and fought Hagler. A couple of guys who dared to be great.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
          Duran and Leonard started out as lightweights and fought Hagler. A couple of guys who dared to be great.
          5 divisions is great enough

Comment

Originally posted by Ganondorf View Post
            Hopkins and Ward who?

Come on man. Floyd has never fought above 154.

I personally have never seen Hopkins fight below 160 and I have never seen Ward fight below 168.

I’m not saying it hasn’t ever happened maybe a long time ago but I’m not familiar with it.
            Ward had 10 fights at Middleweight early in his career.

Comment

Because he was an average sized welterweight not a middleweight or a light heavyweight. Only a stupid boxer signs up for a fight he is certain to lose .Mayweather had lots of good fights and did not need to do more or get his ass kicked to make some fans happy. He is the richest boxer in history so he did things right.

Comment

You’re asking why a guy who fought at 154 three times(don’t count the Mcgregor bs) didn’t fight a SM and LTHVY????

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
                  First of all I got Duran ranked higher than Floyd. #2, Duran was cutting an extreme amount of weight back in the day.

SRL started at 147, so and went all the way to 168 so a WW fighting a mw 10 years after his debut isn’t rare at all.

I’m not a mayweather fan but you guys post the dumbest ****

Are you also wondering why Sweet Pea never fought Roy Jones?

Comment

I remember Hopkins saying he wanted to go back to 160 to fight Mayweather for Floyd's 50th fight. I remember Richard Schafer liked the idea of a 50 year old Hopkins being the opponent for Floyd's 50th fight, saying they could promote it as the "50-50" fight.

Comment

Threads like this are good for comedy.

Comment

Working...
                      X