Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dusty Harrison (COVID) Out, Andrade Left Without Opponent For DAZN Show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully Dusty recovers from this extremely deadly virus.

Comment

Hopefully they go straight into Andrade-Williams asap

Comment

Omg and theres No other MW they can offer the fight too...Hearn needs to stop trying to do 3 fight deal contract when trying to get opponents for his guys for Andrade offer the fight with the rematch clause cause he is the champ and make the fight....

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          Andre Dirrel was great until the Froch robbery IMO. He was mentally weak and that destroyed him.

I never got the Andrade love. He's awkward but he's no defensive wizard like people seem to think. I know he had some love in the Ams too, but he was never considered a better talent than Erislandy Lara.
          Andrade whooped Jacobs, Thurman, Culcay and other big names in the amateurs. That's why he's avoided. They know how skilled he is. Sad to see his talent waste away like this.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackR0bbb View Post
            Andrade whooped Jacobs, Thurman, Culcay and other big names in the amateurs. That's why he's avoided. They know how skilled he is. Sad to see his talent waste away like this.
            He faught Culcay in the pros too. Very close fight.

Comment

Just when I thought Crawford's career was the saddest, Andrade takes the lead again!

Comment

Can't say that I'm terribly upset about this fight getting scrapped. Dusty wasnt a world beater at his ideal weight when he was active and without legal issues. I couldn't imagine him giving much of a problem to someone of Andrade's skill level and size.

Andrade is good but he's not so good that every fighter in his weight class is avoiding him in my opinion. I'm not sure what the problem(s) have been that made his career as stagnant as it is. Some of it is bad luck (BJS fight), some of it is promotional (Charlo) but he had plenty of guys that fights could have been made. I dunno, I don't see Liam Williams giving him a challenge but at this point I will take it.

Comment

He faught Culcay in the pros too. Very close fight.
                  I know. The fight was not very close. German scoring does not equate to close. Andrade landed 246 of 953 punches. Culcay landed 131 of 570 punches. Boo Boo out-landed in 11 of the 12 rounds. Extremely one-sided fight. Here are the Compubox numbers:

https://www.boxingscene.com/demetriu...%20his%20favor.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackR0bbb View Post
                    I know. The fight was not very close. German scoring does not equate to close. Andrade landed 246 of 953 punches. Culcay landed 131 of 570 punches. Boo Boo out-landed in 11 of the 12 rounds. Extremely one-sided fight. Here are the Compubox numbers:

https://www.boxingscene.com/demetriu...%20his%20favor.
                    five of those rounds are even as far as percentage goes though.

Comment

five of those rounds are even as far as percentage goes though.
                      Nice try, but rounds are not scored on percentage landed. If you land 7 of 21 punches and I land 24 of 96, should you get the round because your percentage was higher? That's not how it works, but I commend you for at least grasping at ridiculous straws. Andrade basically won that fight 119-109.

Comment

Working...
                      X