Pacquiao to Crawford: Let’s go!
Published 20 hours ago on November 17, 2020 01:20 AM
https://tribune.net.ph/index.php/202...wford-lets-go/
Published 20 hours ago on November 17, 2020 01:20 AM
Manny Pacquiao isn’t running away from a fight — even if it is against one whom many consider as the best welterweight in the world.
Just hours after American champion Terence Crawford left British challenger Kell Brook in a pile of mess in Las Vegas on Sunday, Pacquiao sounded off to a long-time scribe who had been tailing him since day one.
“I am willing (to fight) anytime, no problem,” was Pacquiao’s curt reply when asked about Crawford’s renewed challenge to fight him.
Crawford holds the World Boxing Organization 147-lb title while Pacquiao totes the World Boxing Association version.
The other titleholders are Errol Spence in the International Boxing Federation and Danny Garcia in the World Boxing Council, both Americans.
Crawford had been calling out Pacquiao for the longest time and after his demolition of Brook, he voiced out the desire to rumble with the Filipino eight-division champion next.
Top Rank chief Bob Arum, who was beside the 33-year-old Crawford during the post-fight chat, said he will attempt to revisit the Pacquiao bout for 2021.
While Pacquiao (62-7-2 with 39 KOs) has shown a willingness to square off with the unbeaten Crawford (36-0 with 27 KOs), putting a deal in place won’t be easy.
Pacquiao is no longer with Top Rank and is aligned with Paradigm Sports and likewise with Premier Boxing Promotions.
Some members of Pacquiao’s entourage seem to be not keen on pursuing a Crawford fight or even with the three other titlists and instead are targeting mixed martial arts icon Conor McGregor.
Pacquiao, who turns 42 on 17 December, hasn’t fought since stunning Keith Thurman in July 2019.
Also on the horizon for Pacquiao is a rematch with Floyd Mayweather but McGregor appears to be much more attractive.
Just hours after American champion Terence Crawford left British challenger Kell Brook in a pile of mess in Las Vegas on Sunday, Pacquiao sounded off to a long-time scribe who had been tailing him since day one.
“I am willing (to fight) anytime, no problem,” was Pacquiao’s curt reply when asked about Crawford’s renewed challenge to fight him.
Crawford holds the World Boxing Organization 147-lb title while Pacquiao totes the World Boxing Association version.
The other titleholders are Errol Spence in the International Boxing Federation and Danny Garcia in the World Boxing Council, both Americans.
Crawford had been calling out Pacquiao for the longest time and after his demolition of Brook, he voiced out the desire to rumble with the Filipino eight-division champion next.
Top Rank chief Bob Arum, who was beside the 33-year-old Crawford during the post-fight chat, said he will attempt to revisit the Pacquiao bout for 2021.
While Pacquiao (62-7-2 with 39 KOs) has shown a willingness to square off with the unbeaten Crawford (36-0 with 27 KOs), putting a deal in place won’t be easy.
Pacquiao is no longer with Top Rank and is aligned with Paradigm Sports and likewise with Premier Boxing Promotions.
Some members of Pacquiao’s entourage seem to be not keen on pursuing a Crawford fight or even with the three other titlists and instead are targeting mixed martial arts icon Conor McGregor.
Pacquiao, who turns 42 on 17 December, hasn’t fought since stunning Keith Thurman in July 2019.
Also on the horizon for Pacquiao is a rematch with Floyd Mayweather but McGregor appears to be much more attractive.
Comment